pre-amplifier

ddk13

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
lincoln ne
Hi, I was wondering about getting a pre-amplifier. I live in Lincoln, NE and have recently lost reception to my 3 pbs channels as they have made the switch to dtv. I am guessing by the time all my locals make the switch I may lose a few more as they may not broadcast with enough power. I have a channel master 4221 antenna hanging from my ceiling in the corner of my living room (I know that's not the best place). My questions is whether or not I should get a pre-amp and mount it directly to the antenna, or if you think I would gain enough reception by mounting the antenna about 8 feet higher on my old satellite mast that is on my porch roof? I get all the omaha/lincoln channels, but for some reason cannot tune into pbs. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd try it outside first myself. You may find that your PBS stations will increase power after the transtion in February. I know that at least one of the locals here is promising that.

Did you rescan your channels? I'm guessing they went back to VHF. I'm 60 miles from the Basset translator, lost them and didn't realize they had killed their analog on 7 and switched the digital to channel 7. They put in an excellent signal on digital now. If the transmitter is anywhere close you should pick it up on a wet noodle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)