pre owned boxes still under contract

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kev5n24

Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
So last week I bought 4 DTv boxes from someone and this persons DTv service is still active. There on vacation now, have yet to call and cancel it, and wont be back for 2 weeks. For me to put my DTv cards in these boxes and get service to them will the previous owner have to call and cancel his service first? Or can I just call DTv, tell them the numbers on the boxes and cards and have them fire it up? Reason I ask here and not just call them and see if they can do it is because I don't want them to think I'm giving this other person my service. They always had the lowest package and I get all the movie channels and NFL package.

Sorry for the confusing title, i didn't think of it that way when I wrote it. There just the cheapest of boxes, no DVR or HD so I wouldn't think they would have to be returned. Does DTV want the cheap boxes back? Also i know this person is no longer under contract with DTV, they have fulfilled there year contract. What do you think?

They may not want the SD receivers back, but they probably won't activate them. In addition, the early cancellation fees MUST be paid on any receiver before D* will activate them, and then they will probably require you to get new access cards for each one.

doesn't make any difference if the boxes are sd or hd, they belong to directv. if the contract was cancelled (as suggested). directv will want the boxes back or the op can pay the cancellation fell. it sounds doubtful the original owner will pay it!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts