Use of cable connectors with Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oklametsfan

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Hello, I apologize for the new topic if this has been discussed elsewhere but basically I want to bring my tv out of my bedroom and set it up next to my living room tv on saturdays and sundays for football. Some people call it redneck picture in picture, call it whatever you want I just want to know if it's possible to use basic cable connectors/ extenders you can find in any electronics section along with regular coax cables. I know you cant you regular spiltters with directv, so thats why i'm asking about the connectors. Thank you very much for any advice or answers.

Hello, I apologize for the new topic if this has been discussed elsewhere but basically I want to bring my tv out of my bedroom and set it up next to my living room tv on saturdays and sundays for football. Some people call it redneck picture in picture, call it whatever you want I just want to know if it's possible to use basic cable connectors/ extenders you can find in any electronics section along with regular coax cables. I know you cant you regular spiltters with directv, so thats why i'm asking about the connectors. Thank you very much for any advice or answers.

Yes, you can use them. They're also known as "barrel adapters".

An example:

Attachments

• barrel adapter.bmp
    97.1 KB · Views: 210
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)