Pre-Sales Question

lofter

Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
East TX
Howdy, I'm new to the forum and would like to subscribe to Dish. I am finding it difficult to find some answers. While DISH makes my local channels (Shreveport) available, they are not available in HD. So I plan to use my existing OTA antenna with DISH's OTA module. So my questions are:
Will my OTA channels show on the on-screen Guide?

Can I pause, record, etc the OTA channels?

Will the OTA channels go to my TV via the HDMI interface?

Thanks for any help,

lofter

Last edited:
Howdy, I'm new to the forum and would like to subscribe to Dish. I am finding it difficult to find some answers. While DISH makes my local channels (Shreveport) available, they are not available in HD. So I plan to use my existing OTA antenna with DISH's OTA module. So my questions are:
Will my OTA channels show on the on-screen Guide?

Can I pause, record, etc the OTA channels?

Will the OTA channels go to my TV via the HDMI interface?

Thanks for any help,

lofter
:welcometo SatelliteGuys.
You will have to subscribe to your locals in order for the guide data to show. You can pause and record the OTA locals just like the sat channels. If you hook up the receiver via hdmi, then yes, your OTA channels will be shown via hdmi. The VIP622/722 receivers will allow you to record 2 sat channels and one OTA channel all at the same time. The VIP722K allows for 2 sat and 2 OTA channels. You need a separate OTA module for the 722K. If you are offered (or want) a 722K, ask the CSR to include the OTA module in the deal.

Good luck.:D

Fantastic. I don't like all of the answers, but you gave me answers that the CSR couldn't handle. Just a follow-up.

On recording from the OTA module, can I set up season passes (or whatever DISH calls them) so that I can get an HD recording everytime a new NCIS (for example) is on ?

Thanks,

lofter

Fantastic. I don't like all of the answers, but you gave me answers that the CSR couldn't handle. Just a follow-up.

On recording from the OTA module, can I set up season passes (or whatever DISH calls them) so that I can get an HD recording everytime a new NCIS (for example) is on ?

Thanks,

lofter

yes, assuming it is transmitted in HD

The great thing is here is Shreveport it is not too difficult to get 3,12,21,24,33,45 6 is a bit of a mess and LPB took some time to work until they increased power.

You'll set it up to record OTA just like you used to set up a VCR to record- setting channel, time and date and whether it's one time, weekly, everyday, etc.

I record a couple of OTA shows like this. Not as easy as point and click on the EPG, but not bad. And you only have to set it up once. I use the 30 second skip button heavily, to skip thru commercials, and rarely watch anything in real time.

Pay 'em the $5 @ month for your locals so both SD and your OTA HD locals are in the guide. WELL worth it! BTW, you will have to hook up your OTA antenna to the receiver (coax). Then the receiver will send the signal to your TV via HDMI.

Ed

THIS JUST IN:

Many of us are reporting that we are now receiving OTA guide data even though we don't subscribe to Dish Locals (LiL). See this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts