AZBOX Premium Plus Power Supply Repair

migold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Pearisburg, Virginia
I have repaired 2 of the Premium Plus HD Power Supplies, rated output: 12V...5000ma & 24V...1000ma. These are not difficult to repair, IF you are PROFICIENT at soldering on SMD PCBs. Anyone who wants details on the repair procedure or the parts that fail, just send me a PM and I will send details.
If you have a failed unit - with the above output specifications, and are willing to part with it. I will - to the first person who responds - pay you $15 for it, if you will ship it to me. It will fit in one of those USPS boxes that ship cheap. Do check the output specifications, as there are some power supplies for AzBox that are rated at 3800 ma for the 12V and 800 ma for the 24V.
Thanks!

Reactions: vladinous
I have repaired 2 of the Premium Plus HD Power Supplies, rated output: 12V...5000ma & 24V...1000ma. These are not difficult to repair, IF you are PROFICIENT at soldering on SMD PCBs. Anyone who wants details on the repair procedure or the parts that fail, just send me a PM and I will send details.
If you have a failed unit - with the above output specifications, and are willing to part with it. I will - to the first person who responds - pay you $15 for it, if you will ship it to me. It will fit in one of those USPS boxes that ship cheap. Do check the output specifications, as there are some power supplies for AzBox that are rated at 3800 ma for the 12V and 800 ma for the 24V.
Thanks!

Hi,

I have the same problem with power supply for Azbox Premium plus.
I found a similar electrical scheme with integrated circuits OB 6263 and OB 2203.
(supplement)
I exchanged both, but the power supply working only short timeshit.
I would like to share information about what next every have gone wrong ?
Thanks.
Can You help me, please? (vbrath@email.cz)
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Vladimir.

Attachments

• OB2203 a OB6563 - schéma zapojenia.JPG
    OB2203 a OB6563 - schéma zapojenia.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 309
Hi,

I have the same problem with power supply for Azbox Premium plus.
I found a similar electrical scheme with integrated circuits OB 6263 and OB 2203.
(supplement)
I exchanged both, but the power supply working only short timeshit.
I would like to share information about what next every have gone wrong ?
Thanks.
Can You help me, please? (vbrath@email.cz)
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Vladimir.

Attachments

• OB2203 a OB6563 - schéma zapojenia.JPG
    OB2203 a OB6563 - schéma zapojenia.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 282
Vladmir; Both of the supplies that I repaired had a failed electrolytic capacitor. The large one on the output side of the full-wave bridge just off of the AC line input. In both cases, the capacitor had shorted and fuse was open also. Since the repair, I have I have used the unit continuously since 2014. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts