Premium Plus

i believe the power supply is what is wrong with mind also seems strange that two out of the same batch would go bad about the same time i had mine running for 5 days.

Mine had been running since Friday of last week. So I had it up 4 days. That is odd that two would go out like that.
Rick stated the following "This is the first PLUS unit with a problem. I have had a couple Elites and Premiums that would not connect to the internet and one Elite with no Audio out of the Composite Audio, but that has been it so far." So maybe we just got a bad batch of power supplies. I hope that is all it is.

Chuck

i believe the power supply is what is wrong with mind also seems strange that two out of the same batch would go bad about the same time i had mine running for 5 days.

Hey Rodder do you remember which [power supply] you had there are two types the power supply when you plug it in and the green light come on?

Or the power supply that does not have any type of LED light when it is power up?The power supply with the green LED light is the one that WILL GO BAD ON YOU. That is what happen to mine the first week I had mine.

I talk to the guy with Azbox out of the country and so as I told him which power supply I had they sent me another one and it has been working fine ever since.

Hey Rodder do you remember which [power supply] you had there are two types the power supply when you plug it in and the green light come on?

Or the power supply that does not have any type of LED light when it is power up?The power supply with the green LED light is the one that WILL GO BAD ON YOU. That is what happen to mine the first week I had mine.

I talk to the guy with Azbox out of the country and so as I told him which power supply I had they sent me another one and it has been working fine ever since.

This One Did Not Have A Green Light.

AZbox review in Tele-satellite

I noticed that there is a review of the AZbox hd plus in the new issue of Tele-satellite magazine, in case anyone is interested.

Mine had the green light. So does the one that Rick sent back with my unit. hopefully it will last. If not may have to look at getting one that is better quality. I wonder if it is not able to keep up when a hard drive is installed? might be pulling too many amps causing it to go out?

Glad to have it back and up and running.

Well it was not because of the hard drive. The power supply has failed again :(

Rick is shipping me another one with prepaid return for the second bad one. He is going to check with OpenSat and see if they are aware of the issue and have a different power supply. So far for what I do this is the only problem i have run into.

Are you leaving it on for long periods of time? mine seems to be fine unless I leave it on all night or something like that.

Rick said he has brought the subject up with AzBox and is hoping to be able to get the other style of power supplies that don't seem to have this issue.

I did a google search and did not find anything close to it. However I did not spend a lot of time looking for one.

That is cool hope it works well. Looks like OpenSat has changed suppliers for the power supply.

Hope mine does not fail again but with my luck probably will lol.

New fix out 4879 for Premium+ and Ultra for improved DVB S2 tuner..........test it out guys and post results, not home now to test.

Hope the next fix would be for faster and more efficient h/w blindscan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)