Prescott, AZ or nearby - Anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
Are there any other FTA enthusiasts in the 86303 area or nearby? I've contacted one other person via PM so that makes two of us.
Perhaps there are others?

I'm dying to get all the live news feeds about the storm but it'll be too late by the time I get this.
Which bird/s are most of those on? Maybe I'll at least get the one LNB going for that.

They are on and off all day and night. Sometimes one has more than the others. I just keep dumping the TPs and rescanning... Over and over and over and over and over and over.... :D

Yup. they are ever changing. Up and down. Some stay for hours, some only for 5 minutes. In the WUT, one post mentioned 30 active at once on (I think) 91W. WC on 72W also. Saw a few also on 103W yesterday. Think, if limited to one satellite, 91 - and keep scanning.
What's this got to do with Prescott??

Prescott is where my father was born.... But was AZ a state back then? His baby brother lives in Tucson. He was 104 this year. He parked his motor home this year. Decided the trip to New York for the summer was not worth the effort. Nope! Dad was born 7 years before AZ became a state!

Prescott is where my father was born.... But was AZ a state back then? His baby brother lives in Tucson. He was 104 this year. He parked his motor home this year. Decided the trip to New York for the summer was not worth the effort. Nope! Dad was born 7 years before AZ became a state!

I believe Arizona is celebrating it's 100th year as a state so depends on when he was born.
Anyhow, sorry, back on thread :)

Since the feeds are all over the place, it means I need to get my motor on there. Darn, it's been a while and it wasn't easy.
Can someone give me some leads on where I can find info or how I go about setting up the motor and dish.

Based on my address, these are the parameters I've come up with using dishpointer.com.

Lat 34.5
Long 112.5
Elevation 43.8
LNB skew -28.1

Like dishpointer, is there a tool somewhere which would help give me the elevation of the motor and dish combination?

PS, that's -112.5 Long.

Last edited:
Figured it out and without a meter no less.
Basically, the Internet is your friend, plenty of info to piece things together.
Used dishpointer to get initial variables.
Used a compass to get magnetic South and make 91W my starting point.
Used SG2100 manual to find settings for motor elevation then declination for dish.
Used a $12.00 signal meter to get some idea of where I was. The meter went off like mad when I gave it a try. I didn't believe it of course but then connected my receiver and low and behold, a strong signal, all lined up without a meter.

Unreal but happy :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts