Press release from DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only in American can one be offended by the fact that they have the right to worship any religion they want.

"I wish all a merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanza, and especially a happy Festivus for the rest of us!!"

I am not a christian but I do celebrate the season(the pagan part) and I have no problem with people saying merry christmas! or happy quanza! or happy hanukkah!

Most of the people that complain about this stuff and basically all other crap, really need to get a life and leave everyone else alone, this includes the whinny christians that are against practically everything.

Christmas to me is about family, a christmas tree and decorations, gift giving and fooling the young one's into believing a huge fat guy can make it down the chimney. It's also about food! lots and lots of good eats that I usually get just this time of year.
The reason for the season for my family is love and goodwill. Thats it!

Wanna bitch about hearing merry christmas? Lick my snow balls.
Wanna tell me all about the real meaning of the season? Check your dates and eat my candy cane!

It's the winter solstice!!
So MERRY CHRISTMAS.!!!!

LOL

I will double that Righton ON :up:up, for you and thank "God" that they didn't have to sing their song in spanish too!!

I am not sure what you were saying there, but just in case...

I would like to point out that Spanish-speaking Americans are easily the most observant Christians in the US. For example, every latin soap opera has a priest character. and most rooms have crucifixes on the wall.

I am sure there is a commercial saying:

Feliz Navidad de Dish Network!

Wow! As a newbie, the more I read here on SatelliteGuys the more impressed I am with what I see - but this thread seals the deal! :up I can't begin to tell you all how refreshing and encouraging it is to see. I commend Dish Network for taking the stand that they did and sticking to their position.

Go ahead and wish me a Happy or a Merry whatever Holiday YOU celebrate. I promise that I will not be offended nor will I judge you on your sincere offering of best wishes extended to me! On the contrary, we just might get to know each other just a little bit better.

I haven't personally seen the commercial, but I find it ironic that Dish would even release a commercial wishing customers a Merry Christmas when their official company policy for their installers is no holidays allowing customers to schedule appointments 365 days a year!

seeing how the company makes their employees work on christmas, i really do not see how they could care about it anways. wait a minute, i do, its all about everyone buying new hd-tv's and getting new hd services installed and purchasing hd programming.

And yet last I heard Charlie's peeps had sent out e-mails in the past stating that employees can't wish anyone a "Merry Christmas". Interesting.
They didn't "wish" anyone a "Merry Christmas" they "dish" it...!

I enjoyed the commercial. Way to go Charlie!

Glad to see they didn't apologize for saying Merry Christmas.

Ridiculous... people object to a tradition like "Merry Christmas" but eat up "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" like its crack

The commercial made me smile, the press release made me proud to be a dish sub.

Not only did they not appologize, that was the equivalent of a big F U to those that complained when they said Merry Christmas again... Love it.

I so agree with all of you! Have a very Merry Christmas!!
Ghpr13:)

seeing how the company makes their employees work on christmas, i really do not see how they could care about it anways. wait a minute, i do, its all about everyone buying new hd-tv's and getting new hd services installed and purchasing hd programming.

I spent a career working for the phone company. It's a 24/7 business. If you paid for a 24/7 service and it failed in the night or on a holiday you'd want to be able to reach someone and get it fixed pronto....

Funny, the Arizona governor announced last week that our state capitol will have a "Christmas Tree" this year rather than a "holiday tree." I guess it's the new fad this year. I don't care much one way or the other, but after about 10-15 years of "Merry Christmas" and such becoming un-PC, I was just starting to get used to "Holidays" instead... Time to buy new greeting cards I guess ;)

Way to Go Charlie. As Mr. Garison would say from southpart Merry #$#%$ Christmas

not like they played this music song (nsfw)(language)

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a career working for the phone company. It's a 24/7 business. If you paid for a 24/7 service and it failed in the night or on a holiday you'd want to be able to reach someone and get it fixed pronto....

even att shuts down their call centers on christmas day. dish makes their agents show up to work to assist with all the calls from every moron who tries to hook up their new tv/dvd/videogame/fyretv box and knocks out their sat signal or loses video connection to their tv. 9 outta ten times they probably unplugged their dpp44 power inserter to hook up a new device.

besides, the world can go a day without satellite tv. you dont need it to call for an emergency. and dont tell me they need it to watch for weather emergencies or crap like that. if the weathers that bad, they probably dont have tv service anyways. and if they are too far away for OTA, we still got AM radio that im sure will have some news station.

I am not sure what you were saying there, but just in case...

I would like to point out that Spanish-speaking Americans are easily the most observant Christians in the US. For example, every latin soap opera has a priest character. and most rooms have crucifixes on the wall.

I am sure there is a commercial saying:

What I am saying is that, "English" should be the official language of the United States.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts