Prewiring New Construction

hilikus

Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Kansas
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum though I have been reading it for a couple years.

My mother is building a new home in March(ish) of 2012. With me being a dish installer, she asked if I were interested in prewiring the new home, and of course I am. They also want speakers throughout the whole house with options listening to a different source and adjusting volume in individual rooms. They will also want 7.1 surround in their main viewing area. I am looking for recommendations on:

What all should I drop to each room? Of course RG6, Cat5...but what else should I consider?

How can I achieve their desire to listen to different sources at different volumes in every room?

What is the best universal all in one learning remote with UHF capabilities?

Is there an AV receiver out there that I can accomplish all of these goals with?

These are just my first questions, I am sure I will have more as I progress this installation through my mind.

Welcome to the forum, hilikus!

I am not an expert in multizone audio distribution, but from what I've read an extra run of CAT5e might work for the purpose.
I would recommend you have a look at particular multizone systems (multizone controller kits) to see what they require. It might be important to understand where the in-wall keypads, etc. are to be installed. I would talk to a local hometheater installer, to get some professional advice.

Good luck!

i would say a minimum of two rg6 and three cat6 would be ideal.

if you can get fiber drops too that would be awesome.

i thought belden sold a single pull cable that was similar to this.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I would consider conduit down to at least 2 walls in each room if possible. I say two walls since people like to rearrange furniture...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts