Price for virtual Joey??

Nope... originally we were hearing it would probably be the same price as a Joey... but at CES I think they heard enough "if its as much as the Joey I might as well have a Joey." to change their mind.

I don't mind a mirroring fee, but I don't think the same price as a regular Joey is a fair price.

There is a Retailer Chat tomorrow but I have no idea what they are going to discuss. I'm assuming it will be a lot of review of the upcoming Spring Promotion and the new Joeys. I hope they will release some new info but I really doubt it. I will not be at work tomorrow so I won't be able to watch the chat until Wednesday morning but Scott may be able to report it.

Too bad they didn't hear the refrain : "If the super joey is $10.00 I might as well go with two hoppers instead." We might of got the price down to $7.00 like the joeys.:rant:

Too bad they didn't hear the refrain : "If the super joey is $10.00 I might as well go with two hoppers instead." We might of got the price down to $7.00 like the joeys.:rant:

true, but Dish's policy is not to allow 2 hopper only installs and they make you play games to get a setup like that. The average customer would just get the super joey since they're not reading this site.

true, but Dish's policy is not to allow 2 hopper only installs and they make you play games to get a setup like that. The average customer would just get the super joey since they're not reading this site.

True, but for all of us who do read this board, most would decided to go with 2 hoppers ,especially since I already have two hoppers now. Why go to the trouble to change it if all I am going to save is $2.00 a month?

I could see possibilities of adding a super Joey right on top of a Hopper to get the 2 more tuners with full integration, especially if I could still keep the second Hopper.
But full Hopper to Hopper integration would be better and cheaper. I want to be able to set and change recordings from one spot on all six tuners or maybe 8 with SJ.

I could see possibilities of adding a super Joey right on top of a Hopper to get the 2 more tuners with full integration, especially if I could still keep the second Hopper.
But full Hopper to Hopper integration would be better and cheaper. I want to be able to set and change recordings from one spot on all six tuners or maybe 8 with SJ.
You'd have to purchase the SJ and add a couple of switches to your backend to support it. You'd also need two lines to the Hopper location.

Nope... originally we were hearing it would probably be the same price as a Joey... but at CES I think they heard enough "if its as much as the Joey I might as well have a Joey." to change their mind.

I don't mind a mirroring fee, but I don't think the same price as a regular Joey is a fair price.
I am intrigued by the Virtual Joey, but if they charge the same price as a Joey then I would refuse to use it simply out of principal. It is saving Dish the cost of hardware, so why should they pocket that savings instead of passing it on to the consumer?

Yes, and to recoup that investment, they need to have cool heads price the VJ right. Everything I say below is of course IMHO.

I think a $40 one-time fee for the app is reasonable, but a lower one-time fee would even be better and encourage uptake. A one time fee will also help to drive people to the Hopper system. A monthly fee just the same as a Joey will keep people (such as myself) away from the Hopper, and keep those who already have a physical Joey from switching. So, Dish can charge as much for a VJ as for a Joey if they're out of their minds. I predict they'll get zero income from the $7/mo VJ, and waste their investment. Why even bother to make the investment in the first place if they intend to charge $7/mo? It's mind boggling.

I think the virtual Joey may be a great fit for those that don't want to deal with adding wires and stuff like that, makes it easy if you have a game system and allows you to add it to maybe a kids room or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)