Price increase greetings from the Deathstar

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just put your money where your mouth is. Call to cancel, and be totally prepared to do so, and they will give you a nice discount to stay. If they don't, just sign up with cable or streaming service until your a new customer. It's a tale as old as time.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
ID Discovery is also in the Select Pack and I believe it’s also in that Family Pack one has to ask for as it’s not listed.

$7.00 per year increase isn't bad as long as they add decent channels and more 4K programs. Plus, about 2X per year I call and get a few discounts. I guess I'm not ready to stream yet (even tho' I have Spectrum's 200MBPS service) because of programming across the services. Mrs.Manitoba and I have a wide difference in programming we like.

These days I don’t see the value of price increases, barely any new channels coming out and most of the times I barely have enough time to watch tv.
When I do want to watch stuff I usually just check out Netflix.

These days I don’t see the value of price increases, barely any new channels coming out and most of the times I barely have enough time to watch tv.
When I do want to watch stuff I usually just check out Netflix.
The VALUE of Price increases ?
They Value is for the Company, not the subscriber.

Everyone is blaming AT&T but it's not their fault the prices are increasing. The real blame is on the channels themselves who demand price increases every year. Every channel thinks it needs to be in the lowest package at the most expensive price. AT&T is forced to pass on those prices. Everyone complains when disputes happen but it's a necessary evil sometimes.

$7.00 per year increase isn't bad as long as they add decent channels and more 4K programs. Plus, about 2X per year I call and get a few discounts. I guess I'm not ready to stream yet (even tho' I have Spectrum's 200MBPS service) because of programming across the services. Mrs.Manitoba and I have a wide difference in programming we like.
For us it is no streaming service offers our local RSN. So until someone does we won’t be switching

For us it is no streaming service offers our local RSN. So until someone does we won’t be switching

I get my RSN from YouTube.tv. I got in at $35 per month just before the increase to $40.

It's a great deal for me as it includes The Golf Channel. To get the Golf Channel in Directv Now I would need the Go Big package at $65; $30 more for just that one channel in my case.

I lowered my Directv satellite tier to Select at the same time I subscribed to YouTube.tv. I wanted to keep 4K channel access. But I am very disappointed that Directv still has only the 104/106 4K channels. I will cancel my Directv service at this month's billing cycle.

I get my RSN from YouTube.tv. I got in at $35 per month just before the increase to $40.

It's a great deal for me as it includes The Golf Channel. To get the Golf Channel in Directv Now I would need the Go Big package at $65; $30 more for just that one channel in my case.

I lowered my Directv satellite tier to Select at the same time I subscribed to YouTube.tv. I wanted to keep 4K channel access. But I am very disappointed that Directv still has only the 104/106 4K channels. I will cancel my Directv service at this month's billing cycle.
Only having 2 4K channels has nothing to do with Directv. There isn’t content for another channel

Sorta, there is ...
IF I want 4k from D* it will cost me another recvr cost .... for the c61k .... so in essence, $8 more a month. Because they require a Client instead of a recvr being able to do it.
You could look at it that way, but how many customers have just one box.

You could look at it that way, but how many customers have just one box.
I have 4 boxes ... but don't want to be for ed to go to the HS17 and clients .... i would take the one as there are no other options for the 4k programming.

I'm still not sure if i want to make a change to get D* 4k, not sure if theres enough to make it worth my while.
The HR44 has been real good for me.

I have 4 boxes ... but don't want to be for ed to go to the HS17 and clients .... i would take the one as there are no other options for the 4k programming.

I'm still not sure if i want to make a change to get D* 4k, not sure if theres enough to make it worth my while.
The HR44 has been real good for me.
You can use an HS17 or HR54 with the C61k client to get 4k..

Sorta, there is ...
IF I want 4k from D* it will cost me another recvr cost .... for the c61k .... so in essence, $8 more a month. Because they require a Client instead of a recvr being able to do it.

This would be me. Since there TECHNICALLY is no charge for 4K, I would get it for the sports and maybe check out the actual 4K channel. IF it came from a real receiver. I only have the 1 receiver, so to get 4K, I would have to get a second location and pay for it, so I would have to pay the $8 that I wasn't paying before. I would also lose the ESPN app on my main TV which I would miss. Currently, I do have 2 TVs, but my bedroom and living room share a wall so splitting the HDMI is very easy and requires only 6' cables. This allows ESPN app usage in both TVs and savings of $8 since the TVs are never rarely used at the same time. OTA is available at both locations if needed. I do, however, realize that I am the minority.

This would be me. Since there TECHNICALLY is no charge for 4K, I would get it for the sports and maybe check out the actual 4K channel. IF it came from a real receiver. I only have the 1 receiver, so to get 4K, I would have to get a second location and pay for it, so I would have to pay the $8 that I wasn't paying before. I would also lose the ESPN app on my main TV which I would miss. Currently, I do have 2 TVs, but my bedroom and living room share a wall so splitting the HDMI is very easy and requires only 6' cables. This allows ESPN app usage in both TVs and savings of $8 since the TVs are never rarely used at the same time. OTA is available at both locations if needed. I do, however, realize that I am the minority.

If you wanted 4K you could just ask them for the HS17 and avoid paying for the extra TV. You'd lose your OTA though unless the LCC ends up supporting the HS17.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)