Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
The DIRECTV rate increases coming in January 2018 will include the following plans:

* SELECT — $2 a month increase
* ENTERTAINMENT — $3 a month increase
* CHOICE — $4 a month increase
* TOTAL CHOICE LIMITED — $4.50 a month increase
* TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE/CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC — $5 a month increase
* PREFERRED XTRA — $7 a month increase
* ULTIMATE PREMIER — $8 a month increase

DIRECTV says it will not increase the price of the Family plan.

However, the satellite TV service says it will also raise the a la carte price of The Outdoor Channel by $1.49 a month to $4.99 a month; and regional sports channel fees will go up in some areas by as much as $1 a month. (Some areas will see no change in RSN fees while some markets will see increases from 20 to 70 cents a month. DIRECTV has not revealed which areas will get the RSN price hikes.)

The DIRECTV rate increases coming in January 2018 will include the following plans:

* SELECT — $2 a month increase
* ENTERTAINMENT — $3 a month increase
* CHOICE — $4 a month increase
* TOTAL CHOICE LIMITED — $4.50 a month increase
* TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE/CHOICE XTRA CLASSIC — $5 a month increase
* PREFERRED XTRA — $7 a month increase
* ULTIMATE PREMIER — $8 a month increase

DIRECTV says it will not increase the price of the Family plan.

However, the satellite TV service says it will also raise the a la carte price of The Outdoor Channel by $1.49 a month to $4.99 a month; and regional sports channel fees will go up in some areas by as much as $1 a month. (Some areas will see no change in RSN fees while some markets will see increases from 20 to 70 cents a month. DIRECTV has not revealed which areas will get the RSN price hikes.)

Lmao, those prices... holy crap at xtra going up by $7.., directv out here trying to burn a hole in your wallet!!

Btw if you are a new customer, will the price go up in your 12 months promotional pricing?

For the Español packages:

DIRECTV is also raising the price of DIRECTV Espanol plans including:

* BASIC CHOICE — $1 a month
* MAS LATINO/OPTIMO MAS/PREFERRED CHOICE — $2 a month
* FAMILIAR OPCION EXTRA ESPECIAL — $3 a month
* OPCION ULTRA ESPECIAL — $4 a month
* MAS ULTRA/MAS ULTRA ORIGINAL/FAMILIAR ULTRA — $5 a month
* LO MAXIMO OPCION PREMIER — $8 a month

What has happened to the Directv website? It's very unhelpful, unless you are a millennial streamer. I can't find the individual prices for the premium channels on there. I can't even find them at all on there. Is there still a discount if you get 2 premiums? What is the current cost of HBO? The Sports Pack? I also can't find the list of specific channels in the Sports pack either. I know it's RSNs and a few others but what specifically. Is there any info if these services are increasing in price in January?

What has happened to the Directv website? It's very unhelpful, unless you are a millennial streamer. I can't find the individual prices for the premium channels on there. I can't even find them at all on there. Is there still a discount if you get 2 premiums? What is the current cost of HBO? The Sports Pack? I also can't find the list of specific channels in the Sports pack either. I know it's RSNs and a few others but what specifically. Is there any info if these services are increasing in price in January?
DIRECTV TV Packages: Prices Start at $35/mo. | 800-841-3186

Not sure if this is what your looking for or not ...
Sometimes its better to go to the site and not be logged in.

Those are two different packages.

There has always been a
ULTIMATE and a
PREMIER
package .....
Or is this saying Both are going up $8 ... if so, they missed a comma between them.

I took it to mean both since that's the only mention of either. Yeah, it's probably missing a comma or / or something.

DIRECTV TV Packages: Prices Start at $35/mo. | 800-841-3186

Not sure if this is what your looking for or not ...
Sometimes its better to go to the site and not be logged in.

I've tried it signed in and out and I cannot find the premiums! It used to be its own section. I must say that when you're NOT signed in, the way the show the channels are in each package is just plain horrible and confusing. Anyway, I must be really blind or stupid or both....

from
Phillip Swann

For existing subscribers, that means that DIRECTV programming plans will soon cost between $56 a month (Select with 145+ channels) to a whopping $159 a month (Ultimate Premier with 300+ channels). And that’s before DIRECTV starts adding in equipment fees, broadcast fees, and regional sports channel fees, which can cost anywhere from $20 to $30 additionally each month.

By continuing to raise prices for DIRECTV — no matter what justification it offers on any given day — it’s ensuring that the satellite TV audience will soon largely consist of wealthy Americans with gobs of disposable income. The middle class and lower class simply won’t be able to afford DIRECTV, or any other pay TV service, much longer.

DIRECTV Price Increase Helps DIRECTV Now - The TV Answer Man!

from
Phillip Swann

By continuing to raise prices for DIRECTV — no matter what justification it offers on any given day — it’s ensuring that the satellite TV audience will soon largely consist of wealthy Americans with gobs of disposable income. The middle class and lower class simply won’t be able to afford DIRECTV, or any other pay TV service, much longer.

and what service doesnt raise prices all the time?
is this guy on the same planet as me?

and what service doesnt raise prices all the time?
is this guy on the same planet as me?
Well I agree with what Swanni says here though ...

Pay TV can't continue raising prices this way irrespective of what's driving it, and not reach a breaking point where subscribers really start leaving in droves.

That's rather obvious ...

Well I agree with what Swanni says here though ...

Pay TV can't continue raising prices this way irrespective of what's driving it, and not reach a breaking point where subscribers really start leaving in droves.

That's rather obvious ...

true, but i blame the networks more than the providers
directv/dish/comcast ect are passing through the cost increase.

i think the only thing that could hange it would be alacarte
it would show the stations what people are willing to pay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts