Price increases in February 2014 (UPDATED!)

I wonder if I went with 1H and it died, would Dish allow me to reactivate my owned 722 for the time it takes to get a replacement Hopper?

Probably pretty easily. Just make sure you leave the wiring in place for that eventuallity just in case. I have to say though it does not seem that there are an abundance of total Hopper failures being reported at least so far. There have been some, but not what I would consider a lot compared to previous equipment introductions.

Lol I got some offer for free PvP and some other things in the mail cause of a valued customer yet they are going up $5 on my bill so to make it seem so much better now! I'm really thinking of when I upgrade soon to request some discounts for the next year to help offset the next 2 years worth of increases. I get mailers everyday from Direct and Comcast so I'll bring that up as well. I mean really??? Offer me a single pvp and some other movies to watch yet increase it this much is just sad.

Lol I got some offer for free PvP and some other things in the mail cause of a valued customer yet they are going up $5 on my bill so to make it seem so much better now! I'm really thinking of when I upgrade soon to request some discounts for the next year to help offset the next 2 years worth of increases. I get mailers everyday from Direct and Comcast so I'll bring that up as well. I mean really??? Offer me a single pvp and some other movies to watch yet increase it this much is just sad.

I got that too. Hey its a free PPV. They didn't have to do that. I just see it as an every year increase. I'll keep bending over till it gets to be to much.

When I had c-band, I remember reading about Direct Band Satellite(DBS) coming. My c-band receivers were built by EchoStar. C-band program distributers required you to have a separate full subscription for each receiver. When DBS came , the second receiver was only $5 and carried all the channels on your primary receiver. With C-band it could take up to 30 seconds to move to a satellite and receive your programing. The second receiver could only view the programming on the satellite you were on. My c-band dish was 10 feet in diameter. Thank you Dish for revolutionizing satellite delivery of TV.

DBS is Direct BROADCAST Satellite.

Hey, at least you got a free PPV. I keep checking my mailbox and offers in my account and ain't seen one yet....:rant:;)

Ed

Hey, at least you got a free PPV. I keep checking my mailbox and offers in my account and ain't seen one yet....:rant:;)

Ed

Me either,all I got was an offer for epix free for a month via the website.Noticed today that offer expires Feb 20th.If ya want it better get in while the gettin's good.

Looked at my new bill this morning. Had the $5 package increase and the 2nd hopper $5 increase and it notes the 18 mo $5 credit. Got hit with the $1 HBO increase plus the $2 DVR fee increase. I expected all of these.

What got me was the Video Communications Tax of $4.95. I looked at last month and it was $3.95. What is this tax for and did it really go up $1?

Going to seriously rethink HBO and will likely drop the protection plan now. And in my mailer I did not get a free PPV certificate.

Looked at my new bill this morning. Had the $5 package increase and the 2nd hopper $5 increase and it notes the 18 mo $5 credit. Got hit with the $1 HBO increase plus the $2 DVR fee increase. I expected all of these.

What got me was the Video Communications Tax of $4.95. I looked at last month and it was $3.95. What is this tax for and did it really go up $1?

Going to seriously rethink HBO and will likely drop the protection plan now. And in my mailer I did not get a free PPV certificate.

I do not have Video Communications Tax on my bill. The only tax I have is State/Local Tax (Sales). Might be something your state has.

In NC we have both the Video Communications Tax and State sales tax. The State sales tax increased thanks to our wonderful legislature.

In NC we have both the Video Communications Tax and State sales tax. The State sales tax increased thanks to our wonderful legislature.

I can't make heads nor tails of out that stupid tax,previously it was just NC sales tax,now it's 2 taxes combined,funny thing is,it's actually a few cents cheaper now than it was before the change.I'm beginning to think they just charge what they want.

Check mydish & click on [h=1]MY PAY-PER-VIEW CERTIFICATES[/h]

Just meant that some people got the free PPV, others didn't, no reason as to why. Dish has always had "selective" credits, upgrade fees etc. for some, but not for others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)