price to pay to install cband mesh dish 10 ft in miami

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lorelys

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2017
miami florida
guys nobody want to do the big ugly dish no more in miami area. i want to buy one from tek2000 and install in my house , the only one person i find so far charge 800 dollars that is a lot for me i do no have that cash , iam go in to use my paypal credit to buy the dish and the pipe from tek 2000 , i go in to get the packet from tek 2000 , and them pay some one to do the installation, at this moment what is a good price to pay for the install.

:welcome to the forum lorelys
Yes it does sound like a lot of money but some installations can be a lot of work. Depending on how much concrete is involved, digging, and how the wiring has to be routed.
Most of the work is just hard labor. There have been people like you who can't find an installer and after some reading here decide to do it themselves. We are very happy to help. In fact you may have seen the current tek2000 installs happening in current discussion, Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

Reactions: FTA4PA
:welcome to the forum lorelys
Yes it does sound like a lot of money but some installations can be a lot of work. Depending on how much concrete is involved, digging, and how the wiring has to be routed.
Most of the work is just hard labor. There have been people like you who can't find an installer and after some reading here decide to do it themselves. We are very happy to help. In fact you may have seen the current tek2000 installs happening in current discussion, Tek2000 10' Mesh Dish Install & Initial Review

guys nobody want to do the big ugly dish no more in miami area. i want to buy one from tek2000 and install in my house , the only one person i find so far charge 800 dollars that is a lot for me i do no have that cash , iam go in to use my paypal credit to buy the dish and the pipe from tek 2000 , i go in to get the packet from tek 2000 , and them pay some one to do the installation, at this moment what is a good price to pay for the install.

You have to remember, the market has changed, and most dish installers these days have no experience in installing BUD's. There's a lot more to it than installing a DirecTV or Dish Network. The small dish installers around here are too lazy to bury the cable to the house. They tell their customers they're not required to bury cable, even though it's part of the install. There isn't more than a couple people left around here that know how to install a big dish. I am one, and a friend of mine is the second one and I'm 62 and he's 81 and in poor health.

Used to be a 3rd one, but he had a heart attack a few months ago that left him unable to do much of anything. If you find anyone in your area, you'll be lucky and any price. However, I'll bet with a little guidance from the folks in here, you can have yours up and working in no time. Most important is a site survey. You need a clear shot at the southern sky. If that's OK, you're in business. Good luck.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Please reconsider the purchase if YOU can't do the install yourself. This is a hobby, and you will NOT save any money by having anybody do any part of the install or on-going maintenance of a c-band dish system. You MUST be willing to try the install yourself.

It's not for the faint of heart, OR somebody that "just wants to hire it out", you HAVE to be willing to try it yourself, maybe mess it up, then ask questions here and fix it. The days you could hire it all as turnkey have passed more than 20+ years ago.

If you hire out anything, find a cement guy, and hire him to properly plant the pole. Then YOU ask questions here, and do the rest yourself.

Otherwise, start with a simple 1 meter KU dish and system, to see if you even like playing with it. That's far less money, and will give you an idea that can be translated to installation of a c-band dish later.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys lorelys !!!!

I fully agree with what primestar31 said!! I recently went through this. I installed one for a guy, but he just don't get that this is a hobby and is having trouble learning it.
So if you want this, for sure do it yourself, you can do it! :)
Just take your time and ask lots of questions and read, read, and read some more.
You will not get it all done in a day, and you will make some mistakes along the way.
However, when you get the hang of it, you will be able to service it and experiment, etc.
You will be glad that you did in the end.

$800 a little higher than I would charge to install one, but not far off. What happens after you pay the $800 and a week later something is not right, are you willing to pay $100+ for each service call?

We will be glad to help you get it going, just ask and read like I said, and no such thing as a dumb question, so don't be afraid to ask. :)

Use the guide on the Tek2000 website as well as the install/review thread here and do it yourself. It's not rocket science and there are plenty of people here that can give you tips and guidance if you get stuck on something.

Reactions: hank123 and lorelys
Use the guide on the Tek2000 website as well as the install/review thread here and do it yourself. It's not rocket science and there are plenty of people here that can give you tips and guidance if you get stuck on something.

than you every one , 40 year old man do you are in miami contact me for price to install, i can try it but i am 57 year old with 2 bd knees man,i used to run at my younger days now to much pain,looking for some one charge lees than 800 dollars

any way i am in miami contact me and gracias for todo help the best forum for c band, also any one in miami with one c band antenna no want contact me

Loreys: Hold the show!!! Maybe this this help.. I was given a quote for a 12ft (3.7m) dish from a Alibaba China Supplier: Total cost with Shipping to Minnesota $1230. You might get cheaper shipping to Florida. This is a bran new dish and you would not need to deal with a bunch of old junk. Tell you what, If you buy this I would fly down to Florida to help you install the dish if you come up to Minnesota to help me install mine?

I have been looking to update my dish and I got this quote from a china suppler on www.alibaba.com. Here is my message conversation asking for a quote from Aug 2016 which should be close. I'm looking at buying this for next spring/summer. Here it is below..

3.7 Meters Good Quality Aluminium Ku/c Mesh Dish Working Well In Heavy Wind And Rain - Buy Aluminium Mesh Dish Antenna,Tv Aluminium Mesh Dish Antenna,Aluminium Dish Satellite Antenna Product on Alibaba.com

Me: Tom Farrell2016-08-18 15:00
How much for one 3.7m c band mesh satellite dish plus shipping to the US. I live in Bloomington MN and my zip code is 55420.

From Rita Lee2016-08-18 20:23
Dear Tom
Good day ! 3.7m ku band and C band combo mesh dish unit price is $ 1000 not include pole.one set will in 4 package while delivery . shipping by sea to LOUISVILLE ,KY ( We check LOUISVILLE ,KY is the most near sea port near you, is it right, or which delivery is better for you ) From China shipping by sea to LOUISVILLE ,KY cost $ 230 and will take 36 days. Total cost is $ 1230. supply from stock payment: bank to bank or western unionmore details inclosed attachment,pls check it.
best regards
Rita
3.7m+mesh+dish+install.jpg
3.7m+packing.jpg
3.7m+packing2.jpg
3.69m+mesh+dish.jpg
CaptureGirl.JPG

Loreys: On second thought I would order through Tek2000 as their Mesh Dish kits come with an actuator. If you have room why not upgrade to the 12ft dish?
They both need a 4.5 O,D mounting pole. Remember the bigger the better and I'm thinking about it now.

The 10ft mesh dish:
TEK2000.com
Subtotal $749
Shipping $249
TOTAL $998

The 12ft mesh dish:
TEK2000.com
Subtotal $999
Shipping $349
TOTAL $1348

He was already looking at Tek2000 from his first post so that wasn't the issue. He was trying to find someone to install it for him and that is a problem as the only people that do big dish installs today are the commercial dealers who install for radio/tv stations and they don't come cheap. After never having installed anything bigger than a 1.2 meter dish I was able to install a 10' dish by myself and get everything to work and I'm only a few years younger than the OP at 55 years old. If I can do it then just about anyone can if they read the instructions, take their time and know one end of the LNB from the other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)