Pricing does not add up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
I ordered VOOM last week, set to be installed on May 5th. The VOOM csr confused me a little though. I ordered a 2 room system with the base plus the HBO's. He said the monthly bill will be $91.99. According to my math it should be way less.

39.90 base package
9.50 reciever lease
9.50 reciever lease
5.00 package mirror
14.90 HBO's
78.80 Total
4.53 5.75% Ohio Sales Tax
83.33 Grand total

Is there another cahrge I am missing? The csr said his system was telling him 91.99 but it doesn't break down all the charges. He said that everything above the 78.80 was sales tax. Well to start with, Sat service should not have sales tax yet I think. I am curious of those have been on the service and recieved a bill. Is there an itemized listing of all charges?

mkatts,

You might want to read this. More information right here. Ohio is one of three states that has passed a satellite sales tax. It's an extra 6% on top of your 5.75% Ohio sales tax.

Ken F said:
mkatts,

You might want to read this. More information right here. Ohio is one of three states that has passed a satellite sales tax. It's an extra 6% on top of your 5.75% Ohio sales tax.

This is not an accurate statement.

The Ohio Satellite tax is a tax upon your bill EQUAL TO the State's current sales tax rate. This rate in Ohio is currently 6%, so a 5 dollar service from Voom would equate to 30 cents in Ohio tax.

Personally, I want to choke all the elected officials in Ohio for adding this burden to us!

Thanks Ken F. I figured there was something I was missing.

Another reason this board rocks. I never noticed the charge on my DTV bill, kind of hard for me to notice it when the wife pays the bills! :D

Thans Again!

It's got to be the Sat tax. I ordered the same package you did, and I'm going to be paying around 83 bucks a month.

yea, no matter how I add it up, I can't come up with 91.99. I always get around $83-88.

Whatever. I will wait to get a bill and see how it breaks down.

Thanks.

Yeam I thought about. The $90 was pshing my buget as it is though.

Thanks for the correction jabroni. I was just trying to explain the $13.19 in sales tax that the VOOM CSR said he was paying. That would be almost 17% tax, or a second 10% tax assessed after the 5.75%.

Got Voom installed on May 5th. Looked at my bill on line.
Says amount ot be charge is 82.99.

So that makes more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)