Pricing ? - dual dvr's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I have (2) 722's in my home. Does Dish charge "extra" fees for this? I noticed that my bill has 2 separate fees related to the dvr's. Is there a way to avoid these charges without getting rid of one of the 722's?

Your bill should have the programming price, the second 722 fee of $17, and a DVR fee of $6. That should be it unless you have the service plan or some premium channels.

Only option is to get rid of the 722. Single tuners are $7, single tuner DVR is $10, dual tuner is $14, and dual tuner DVR is $17. Your first receiver is included in the programming price.

There are two choices if you want to substitute a DVR with less monthly fees than a dual ("duo") DVR like the 722:

- a 612 has two satellite tuners and one OTA tuner, just like the 722, but does not have a second output for TV2. The monthly fee for a 612, when it is the second receiver, is $10, instead of $17 for the 722.

- a 211k has one satellite tuner and one OTA tuner, and for a one-time $40 fee, you can use an external USB hard drive (that you provide) to make it into a DVR. The monthly fee for a 211k is $7 instead of $17 for the 722. Note that the external drive for the 211k uses a different format from the 722/622/612 external drive and are not interchangeable or compatible.

Alright this is starting to make sense. I have a 622 and a 722. Never in my life used the second TV output they both provide. I pay 17$(duo dvr) + 6$(dvr fee).

Jul 01 - Jul 30 America's Everything Pak 99.99
HD Duo DVR Receiver 17.00
HD Platinum 10.00
DVR Service 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
--------------

$ 132.99

So if I understand DN's fee structure correctly, the first pvr is included so I could keep my 722 and downgrade my 622 to a 612 and save 7$/month!

I would have to pay an upgrade fee of some kind and possibly a tech visit. They would most definately lock me into a 18-24 month contract UNLESS I buy the receive from an external source. If I downgrade to a 612 I will have access to all my archived programs that I would moved out of the 622 to an external HD (ALready paid the 40$ fee and use my EHD extensively!).

Did I get that right or do I still need I keep reading?...:eek:

Thanks,

Yes, that's what appears, but I don't want to pay $23 just because I have (2) dvr's. Any options?
You will pay the $6.00 DVR fee regardless (this is for all dvr's on your account not per DVR). You didn't mention if you are using the tv 2 output on each unit for additional TV's??? If that is the case and you require 2 dvr's then you can stick with 2 722s and pay the $17.00 a month or give up one 722 and ad 2 211K's which would cost $7.00 each and save $3.00. YOu can turn a 211K into a DVR by adding an EHD (your expense) and a one time fee of $40.00. Of course making the receiver changes etc might cost you more than it is all worth...just to save a buck or two

Ross

I have the 922 and two 211ks with external hard drives. So I only pay 14.00 for two extra hd receivers with dvr software support. This allows me to have hd on all 4 tvs in my house. I plug the 922 into both my hdtv in the living room by hdmi and to my computer room directly behind the living room by component. This is the cheapest way to do it ,other than using the 722k and cutting my dvr fee by 4.00 a month. But then I would miss out on all the fun problems I get with the buggy 922.

Alright this is starting to make sense. I have a 622 and a 722. Never in my life used the second TV output they both provide. I pay 17$(duo dvr) + 6$(dvr fee).

Jul 01 - Jul 30 America's Everything Pak 99.99
HD Duo DVR Receiver 17.00
HD Platinum 10.00
DVR Service 6.00
HD 250 Free 0.00
--------------

$ 132.99

So if I understand DN's fee structure correctly, the first pvr is included so I could keep my 722 and downgrade my 622 to a 612 and save 7$/month!

I would have to pay an upgrade fee of some kind and possibly a tech visit. They would most definately lock me into a 18-24 month contract UNLESS I buy the receive from an external source. If I downgrade to a 612 I will have access to all my archived programs that I would moved out of the 622 to an external HD (ALready paid the 40$ fee and use my EHD extensively!).

Did I get that right or do I still need I keep reading?...:eek:

Thanks,
That would be your best option in my opinion. You would need to sign a 24 month unless you would purchase the receiver. Make sure you buy it from a reputable source, eBay can be cheap, but check the receiver number (R00 #) with Dish to make sure their is no balance owed, because unless you pay it, they won't activate it.

Keep in mind that if you switch to DTV, you will pay about $10-$15 more per month for the programming, not counting the receiver fees.

really???
I'm paying less with D* than I would with E* :)

We have been selling & installing both D* & E* for 10+ years now, and on average, for the equal packages, we see/have seen about a $10-$15 difference. That doesn't include receiver fees, just programming. Things like NFL Sunday ticket & Nascar HotPass aren't self sufficient, they need to be subsidized by the rest of the customers. That's not a bad thing if you are a big sports fan, but you do pay for it.

When you include receiver fees, E* is still less, but not by as much with their new fee structure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts