Pricing Update from Dish Network

I have heard that Bob contributed to it somehow but don't know for sure all the details myself. Was it an issue with Bob directly or was there an issue with others as a result of Bob and so forth? I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it.

I remember when DBSDish was out and then got bought out and the forums were no longer there and it turned into DBSForums then turned into DBSTalk then this site was formed. The whole time DishRetailer was always out I believe.

Yeah I was a founding father of a sorts:)

The issue at the time? 6 non functional 721s sitting here:( The first mine stuck in endless reboot, the other 5 E replacements that did NOT work:(

Mine was crashed because jen put in too many timer events, over 70 mostly cooking shows:( although she rarely cooked:(:(:(

The software had no limits built in,
too many events crashed the box:(

the 5 refurb 721s wouldnt download set up software thru a SW64.

No one at E appeared to know ANYTHING about these issues:(

Someone on the boards said too many events.......

I went looking for a twin LNB it was the start of the new season and wife was riding a broom about no TV:( at the time we had just one receiver

Local E dealer laketon TV REFUSED to sell me a LNB claiming I wasnt their customer........

had to drive all over town for a stupid LNB:(

I RIPPED E and the deserved it! Scott got unhappy with my posts...

He and chris had a falling out:( and scott went on to start this site.

Meanwhile chris sold out witout warning the members. I took him to task on this and got myself banned.

So wierdly I got invited:) to come here.........

For a large number of years I mostly lost interest in satellite tv:(

Finally decided to upgrade, and then E decided on the rip off fees:(

Time to fade away, Bob. You are making a mockery of yourself (if you know what that means.). You just can't stand the fact that other than you Three Stooges, nobody cares. WE (individually) decide what is wright or wrong, live with, live without. You DO NOT make one squat of a difference. BE GONE!!!

Last edited:
Time to fade away, Bob. You are making a mockery of yourself (if you know what that means.). You just can't stand the fact that other than you Three Stooges, nobody cares. WE (individually) decide what is wright or wrong, live with, live without. You DO NOT make one squat of a difference. BE GONE!!!

Well considering he is trying to pretend that every single Dish customer's bill is going up $17+ dollars when in reality (I know, you don't have to say it) the vast majority of the customers will only see a slight increase and some will even see their bill drop.
But I am sure bob will keep hijacking threads spreading his crap until he cancels Dish, and considering his track record with threatening to canceling Dish...

DBSTalk went WAY downhill once it got sold out and this site was equal to it for a while but this site became the best when the popularity increased enough. It got to the point to where it was pointless writing about the same thing on two different sites and this site was a better choice.

If you have more than one DVR, your bill is going up. You can usually tell what a company prefers by their pricing. In this case, they must want you to only have one dual DVR. Their new pricing discourages more than one. Their new pricing also discourages AEP (or whatever they are calling it this year).

Well, I got the message. I went from 2 dual DVRs to one and from AEP to Top 200 with 2 premiums. The rep told me that I am getting a $9 per month credit for 6 months, even if I change my service. Before the credit, my bill is now $20 per month less. I just ordered a 211 to replace the 522. With the one time cost, I am still ahead after the first year.

Hopefully, a large number of subscribers will adjust their adjustment. Dish thinks they did something noble by not increasing their 'core programing, unlike other providers'. A buck is a buck and a 13% increase is too much.

=

HE asked about how I was involved with the start of the site, so I explained what went on. a really brief recap:)

there is one thing to be learned from that event.

if any site owner decides to sell for whatever reason, its best if the members are at least informed in advance.

heck a member or group of members may want to buy it.

rather than just one day you find ownership has changed, some will likely be unhappy...........

scott has run this a long time, historically previous owners eventually burn out.........

I hope scott informs the members in advance if he ever thinks of selling......

Incidently I am used to people not iking me for one reason or another, have you noticed I DONT take it personally:)

John Hodgson didnt like me, Dan Collins disliked me more, espically after I won that bet:) my insider contact was awesome:):) good old 007:)

Heck even mike dugan got asked at a press conference if he was really my uncle:) I leaked the info of his retirement a few days early:)

Hey its just talking about TV:)

I am FOREVER GRATEFUL to E for the VIP pass to the E6 launch, since one of my lifetime dreams was seeing a launch close up:) Heck my name is on the E 6 launch banner hanging in the home office:)

ITS BEEN FUN!!!~

Last edited:
I have heard that Bob contributed to it somehow but don't know for sure all the details myself. Was it an issue with Bob directly or was there an issue with others as a result of Bob and so forth? I never really paid a whole lot of attention to it.

I remember when DBSDish was out and then got bought out and the forums were no longer there and it turned into DBSForums then turned into DBSTalk then this site was formed. The whole time DishRetailer was always out I believe.

DBSForums and DBSTalk are two completely different sites, no connection.

Dan Collins got busy and DBSForums just kinda faded away....it was great and the best at one time.

Both Dan and john just faded away........... people burn out or tire of subjects

of course dan swore that LIL was a wasted effort, providers would never get most DMAs up in SD and HD was insane:(

things have changed a LOT. Of course Dan was CERTAIN ISS would provide earthshaking science and advancments in medicine, and all the great stuff.
Were still waiting on that!:(

My intrerest have changed a LOT over the years

You post a heck of a lot of unpleasant responses. I've noticed it for well over a year.

You can usually tell what a company prefers by their pricing. In this case, they must want you to only have one dual DVR. Their new pricing discourages more than one. Their new pricing also discourages AEP (or whatever they are calling it this year).
They're raising fees because they can. Charlie realized even at $17 for an HD duo dvr, he's either a bit cheaper or on par with the competition. The problem is, Dish just lost their edge. I never checked into Direct, but compared Comcast in my area. Comcast is actually cheaper, even with multiple dvrs, when you factor in their Triple play service. I have and need multiple hd dvrs. If I didn't have a need for TV2 output, I would have already switched. Since there's no longer an "incentive" to have AEP I dropped it to AT250. I also plan to remove a 510, saving another $10 a month. I know this has been stated before in this thread, but why the hell are they charging $17 a month for an owned 722:confused: Does Comcast charge you a rental fee for an owned cable modem? No! I plan to stay with Dish. Like the service and love their DVRs. Best in town, IMO. But they'll be getting less from me each month, because of these fee increases.

What's the big deal with Bob posting his frustration? I don't see a problem with it.

What's the big deal with Bob posting his frustration? I don't see a problem with it.

The big deal is that he has hijacked a ton of threads with his frustration. It gets old. Maybe we should have the Bob Haller Frustration thread and all that are interested can go there.

Beacuse in the last while he has post hundreds of complaints about the price changes, and no I am not exaggerating when I say hundreds. Enough is enough with all of it. We all know he is upset and we cannot do anything about it, but he keeps on posting his "frustration". !sadroll

Bob please move to another provider like you said you would asap.

Here is what I have found out about our bill going forward. Keep in mind we have a 622 and 522 and the 250 package. Our current bill is 86.61. Our new bill will be 90.99 in 7 months. For six months we are getting a $7.00 credit on our account. So for six months our bill will be 83.99. So with a 4.38 increase of 12 months for 62.56 and a 42.00 dollar discount for 6 months that makes our 12 month increase to be 20.56.

Hes a retailer thats how. When customers cancel it costs the retailers money as they are sometimes charged back if a customer hasnt been a customer for a certain amount of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)