Pricing Update from Dish Network

Both Dan and john just faded away........... people burn out or tire of subjects

of course dan swore that LIL was a wasted effort, providers would never get most DMAs up in SD and HD was insane:(

things have changed a LOT. Of course Dan was CERTAIN ISS would provide earthshaking science and advancments in medicine, and all the great stuff.
Were still waiting on that!:(

My intrerest have changed a LOT over the years

Of course it could have been that you finally just drove Dan crazy! He threw up his hands and said "I quit!" ;)

I'm not seeing any change to my Feb/March bill. I have a 722 and 508 and Top 100 with locals and bronze HD. The bill is exactly the same. I thought the 508 would get me a $7 charge instead of the old $5?

A Stick up for BOB post!

What's the big deal with Bob posting his frustration? I don't see a problem with it.

Exactly. Who is forcing anybody to read the threads? Ignore Bob or me if you care to. The FAR majority of this problem with the new fee's will be DISH's as people downgrade and cancel. They will lose some very high end people. I am still deciding on the FiOS Fiasco (promising too much and bad math like showing a $53 bundle discount which is THE Triple Play discount period and not figuring in my Home Phone before said bundle discount. Verizon, $65+58-53 is not equal to $120. a first bill quote (like 350% more quote:$56 bill:$198), plus 1st bill is for about 43 days) versus feeding the DISH ***. DISH DVR's don't lose their place when paused correctly, and have more storage and USB Ext. storage. :angel:

Besides, it would have been SOOO boring around here without Bob. :) ;) :)

Let's see if DISH comes through with new HD on Wednesday the 10th, just in the nick of time for me. Some big-city RSN's 24 hours a day would be nice, especially the CSN's.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any change to my Feb/March bill. I have a 722 and 508 and Top 100 with locals and bronze HD. The bill is exactly the same. I thought the 508 would get me a $7 charge instead of the old $5?
Your change will happen on the next bill issued in Feb.

Exactly. Who is forcing anybody to read the threads? Ignore Bob or me if you care to. The FAR majority of this problem with the new fee's will be DISH's as people downgrade and cancel. They will lose some very high end people. I am still deciding on the FiOS Fiasco (promising too much and bad math like showing a $53 bundle discount which is THE Triple Play discount period and not figuring in my Home Phone before said bundle discount. Verizon, $65+58-53 is not equal to $120. a first bill quote (like 350% more quote:$56 bill:$198), plus 1st bill is for about 43 days) versus feeding the DISH ***. DISH DVR's don't lose their place when paused correctly, and have more storage and USB Ext. storage. :angel:

Besides, it would have been SOOO boring around here without Bob. :) ;) :)

Let's see if DISH comes through with new HD on Wednesday the 10th, just in the nick of time for me. Some big-city RSN's 24 hours a day would be nice, especially the CSN's.

:up
>>>CLICK HERE TO JUMP INTO OUR FRIENDLY DISCUSSION FORUMS!<<<

How is it possible to hijack a thread? hijacking would be to take something by force. Since this is an open forum and anybody can say anything they want "other than hack talk", then as a member you're entitled to post your comments in any thread on any subject. I would suggest that those who attack people for posting their thoughts are closer to being a hijacker, after all you are trying to force someone off a thread. If your only comment is to attack another member, than your really not adding anything to the conversation. Unless you have a vested interest in dish why would anybody care about our displeasure with a 30%+ price hike. I have noticed a lot more negative comments lately and there are still 10 million plus subs that don't know about this fee increase yet, they will by march. Satelliteguy's may reach 200,000 members before too long.:)

Since this is an open forum and anybody can say anything they want "other than hack talk", then as a member you're entitled to post your comments in any thread on any subject.

Ignoring thread subject when a loophole is found to change subject to another issue is considered hijacking.

DBSForums and DBSTalk are two completely different sites, no connection.

Dan Collins got busy and DBSForums just kinda faded away....it was great and the best at one time.

DBSForums was the result of DBSDish getting bought out, I got it all mixed up, its been so long.

Hes a retailer thats how. When customers cancel it costs the retailers money as they are sometimes charged back if a customer hasnt been a customer for a certain amount of time.

When you sell systems then they up the prices, you hear the complaints and pay the price over someone else's changes in prices. I am sure the retailers are going to hear lots of complaints.

As long as nobody is madmouthing an individual calling them names and so forth then I say it is ok to post what you want as long as it is not false information. Yes, in some people's opinion, some people can get annoying. I just read what everybody posts and some I skim through until I find a post of interest then respond to it and not make a big deal about it knowing everybody has a right to say what is on their mind. If someone gets too far out of line like changing subject (I am guilty of that sometimes) then I am sure the mods will take care of that.

Ignoring thread subject when a loophole is found to change subject to another issue is considered hijacking.

I would say that that could apply to almost ever thread either by intent or not reading the first post in a thread. This whole conversation about what is considered hijacking a thread is in itself a hijacking in progress:rolleyes:

I would say that that could apply to almost ever thread either by intent or not reading the first post in a thread. This whole conversation about what is considered hijacking a thread is in itself a hijacking in progress:rolleyes:

Shush:) The TSA is watching. Do you want us all to get rounded up by Homeland Security?

DBSForums was the result of DBSDish getting bought out, I got it all mixed up, its been so long.

DBSDish was really a sell site. John ran the boards, and the owner EVERYTHING ELSE.

Well john got mad and QUIT, taking near all of the membership with him.

John reconsidered and went on to found DBSFORUMS, with dan Collins his partner. Server lived in Dans garage. John mostly bowed out....... burned out was what a realtive of his said in a phone conversation.

Dan ran things for a long time, till he too tired and burned out.

it appears from my 14 years on the net nothing lasts forever, peoples interests change and they move onto other things.....

chris sold out over many of these same issues

I HOPE Scott doesnt just sell out the members some day, or worse let the site die......

I have NO info on such a situation beyond its historial evidence...

No one can truly hijack a thread. Heck I can start posting in this thread about sewing:( Unless others respond it will ge no attention or responses.....

How is it possible to hijack a thread? hijacking would be to take something by force. Since this is an open forum and anybody can say anything they want "other than hack talk", then as a member you're entitled to post your comments in any thread on any subject. I would suggest that those who attack people for posting their thoughts are closer to being a hijacker, after all you are trying to force someone off a thread. If your only comment is to attack another member, than your really not adding anything to the conversation. Unless you have a vested interest in dish why would anybody care about our displeasure with a 30%+ price hike. I have noticed a lot more negative comments lately and there are still 10 million plus subs that don't know about this fee increase yet, they will by march. Satelliteguy's may reach 200,000 members before too long.:)

and Dish has probably 11-12 million customer with either one or two receivers only which means they will either see their bills go down or go up on average of the past few years ($1-$4) which means they won't notice a thing and thus not care, not freak out, not drop to lower programming, not threaten to leave Dish, not throw a hissy fit, not cancel...

and Dish has probably 11-12 million customer with either one or two receivers only which means they will either see their bills go down or go up on average of the past few years ($1-$4) which means they won't notice a thing and thus not care, not freak out, not drop to lower programming, not threaten to leave Dish, not throw a hissy fit, not cancel...

I would say it's closer to 13 mil since they now 14 mil.

You are right, and I would bet there are less than 1% of subs that will see a significant rate increase, and even less who own their equipment. That's still almost 140,000 unhappy subs. If only 10% of those cancel "0.1%" and have an average bill of $75 they will lose 12.6 million a year. Of course dish can do math too and they have decided they would make it up on the subs that remain. The bottom line is that they are willing to alienate the highest revenue loyal subs in favor of this increase and that is just bad PR. I would expect this and other threads to continue for awhile then fade away as people adjust to less service for more money, at least till the next rate increase in Feb 2011.:eek:

Anybody with two dual tuners on their account will see a price increase of $7-9 if they had their phone lines plugged in. That amount to me is signifigant.

If, for example, Dish Network were to get an average of $5 more per sub, made an average of $40 per sub, and lost 1 in 8 subs as a result which would be a break even point, Dish would still be ahead because they would collect some cancellation fees, get some hardware back, and have 12% fewer subscribers to service yet collecting the same amount of money, so it is still a profit for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)