Pricing Update from Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeez Louise!

I'm beginning to think Crapcast wasn't so nad after all! But I've decided to try and stick it out with the E* Sharks. I think. Got about 8 more hours before I can cancel on a new installation. Help me decide.

All this talk about new pricing has me a litttle bit nervous. When everyhting is finally done I will be getting the promo rates on the programming package and am getting three recvrs, a 211k, 222k and and a 612. Because of the insallation debacle (see my other thread: the Insallation from Hell) they are giving me $10 off my monthly bill for 1 year and 75% off the installation of the 211k.

A. Since I've just signed the contract (last week) for 2 years, can my prcing on the recvrs still go up?

B. If so how much?

I'm currently paying addl $14 per month for the extra recvrs.

Thanks Guyz

You should change the 612 to the 722k. That way it's the freebie. You are probable to laste to cancel since it was last week. Some of this ranting and raving goes on every year at this time. Every Feb charges change in some way or other.

So Dish can have your viewing data as well as be informed of any hardware/signal issues.

Video on Demand

Besides that I enjoy having my caller ID info on my tv screen. I think we should all disconnect our phone lines from our receivers come February 1st now that there's no incentive to have it connected.

Besides that I enjoy having my caller ID info on my tv screen. I think we should all disconnect our phone lines from our receivers come February 1st now that there's no incentive to have it connected.
Well you can have it both ways -- just put some bogus phone prefix in (like a #) so that it cannot really make the call. :D

If I were you I would call Dish right now and have them change it to $10 for both. You have been paying an extra $10 for months now.

THANKS!!!

I called Dish Network.and after they "checked" for 5 minutes while I was on hold, they were kind enough to combine my Gold HD and Platinum HD into "HD + Platinum HD" for just $10.00/mo. Wasn't that nice of them?

So if anybody out there still is paying $10 for gold and $10 for platinum, call dish and ask them to combine the two into a single $10 charge!

Bigdwoof

You know what Dish done to me after I asked for Platinum HD to be added to my HD package? I tell you what they done. They immediately changed my annual prepaid setup to monthly which raises my bill around 8%. They tell me that I now cannot purchase my programming annually. What bull crap! I would have never added that if I had known. I was told that anybody that purchases HD will not be able to purchase their programming annually.

How about these new packages where they added locals as included in the packages? In the past they would not let you get your locals annually but charged monthly for them.

So it will basically cost me around $18 per month to have HD. Seeing how they are jacking up these additional hardware fees plus not allowing annual, that is a STEEP increase. I thought about dropping HD as a result.

Thank you for posting. Three 622s so it looks like my bill will be going up $8.96 plus tax if there is any for the equipment, with no change to programming that I know of. Not that bad considering how great it is. I know over the years fees have increased slightly and I did not find out until I looked the statement. It is nice to know ahead of time. I am very happy with Dish. I think the single DVR fee offsets the equipment increase.

Double-dipping

I'm not trying to defend Dish in any way, but playing devils-advocate, the extra $3 fee tacked on to DVR receivers is not necessarily a double-dip - it may just represent the higher cost of the receiver since they have an approx $80 hard drive built-in. Extending the $3/mo cost to add up to $80 works out to about 26 months - probably about the anticipated life of the hard drive in the receiver before it crashes and has to be replaced. The fees do not seem to be assessed to all receivers capable of recording (I don't believe the 211 is considered a DVR, but with an external hard drive could be used as such), but only to those with hard drives.

On another note... I had asked in another thread but never received a response - do all the HD packages maintain the $10 monthly fee (SilverHD, GoldHD, etc)?

ts7 said:
I'm not trying to defend Dish in any way, but playing devils-advocate, the extra $3 fee tacked on to DVR receivers is not necessarily a double-dip - it may just represent the higher cost of the receiver since they have an approx $80 hard drive built-in. Extending the $3/mo cost to add up to $80 works out to about 26 months - probably about the anticipated life of the hard drive in the receiver before it crashes and has to be replaced. The fees do not seem to be assessed to all receivers capable of recording (I don't believe the 211 is considered a DVR, but with an external hard drive could be used as such), but only to those with hard drives?
I don't buy that as Dish charges more for the receivers when you first get them. Yes for new customers the first receiver but each additional one costs $$$ much more money then a non dvr receiver. Besides that many of us here at SatelliteGuys own our receivers.

I still say they are double dipping.

You know what Dish done to me after I asked for Platinum HD to be added to my HD package? I tell you what they done. They immediately changed my annual prepaid setup to monthly which raises my bill around 8%. They tell me that I now cannot purchase my programming annually. What bull crap! I would have never added that if I had known. I was told that anybody that purchases HD will not be able to purchase their programming annually.

How about these new packages where they added locals as included in the packages? In the past they would not let you get your locals annually but charged monthly for them.

So it will basically cost me around $18 per month to have HD. Seeing how they are jacking up these additional hardware fees plus not allowing annual, that is a STEEP increase. I thought about dropping HD as a result.
I used to pay annually, only they wouldn't ever let me pay for locals except monthly. I ended up sending them enough money to cover a year's worth, which showed up as a credit on my acct, and decreased monthly. ***I'd try CSR Roulette to get my yearly deal back***

ceo time

Time to email the ceo @ disnnetwork. com. You may still be able to buy annually. Less face it you were talking to a general CSR.

• New Eligible Basic International Programming Package – Korean Tiger Pack – Available February 1, 2010 – We are thrilled to announce the launch of a new Eligible Basic International Programming (as defined in the Incentive Payment Structure Business Rules or the Incentive Payment Structure DHA TOO and FlexTV Business Rules, as applicable) package – the “Korean Tiger Pack.” This seven-channel, Korean-language programming package will be available beginning February 1st for just $19.99/month.

Scott, thanks for this info. I've been looking all over the internet trying to get more info on this Korean package. Specifically, what channels are included in this package. I've emailed Dish, but they wrote back and said they had no information on this. Would you happen to know what channels are in this pack or if not you, anyone else on this site? Thanks so much!

I used to pay annually, only they wouldn't ever let me pay for locals except monthly. I ended up sending them enough money to cover a year's worth, which showed up as a credit on my acct, and decreased monthly. ***I'd try CSR Roulette to get my yearly deal back***

That is what I was doing. I paid enough in advance to cover the monthly charges such as additional receivers, locals, etc. I didn't want to have to pay them every month plus liked the savings that they had. That along with no charges for second tuners on the receivers were the advantages I saw that Dish had over Direct. Now those advantages may very well be gone.

Now I am waiting to see what they will do for me on these extra fees they are imposing before I do anything. If I pay in advance they will act like I am stuck and not be able to get a refund on what I pay in advance. I have had them offer me a refund of it without me asking though as well.

What I would like to know is if anybody has had any luck getting the annual renewed recently or getting it period. I would say that most do not even know anything about it.

For certain, I won't be accepting the $13/month increase in monthly expenses. I'll drop to AT250 from AEP, dump the 510, and 501, add a 722k and add Netflix with streaming for the PS3 and/or Xbox 360 and still save about $6/month.

But before i'll do that I'll shop around and see what DirecTV might do. I get the feeling they'll still be more expensive since they don't have anything like the 622 or 722k. But the attitude of dish, pretending like they are only raising prices $1.00, or saving us $.98, by including a stupid fee that nobody paid anyway, drives me nuts. They are trying to piss on us and tell us it's raining. Well, I don't play that way.

OK Dish, sorry, but $6 for 6 months ain't gonna cut it.

Once they give their CSR's a freakin' clue, I'm going to be on the phone. Probably with executive resolutions.

It's going to take at least $10 for 12 months with no contract extension to make me even consider staying with Dish.

They have two options, give me what I want, or lose my business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)