Pricing Update from Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Directv could and probably will take advantage of this in two ways. One, they will jack up the fees, and two they will still advertise that they are cheaper because they would probably jack them up less than what Dish did.

Scott,

You mentioned we would want to keep our receivers connected to a phone line/broadband even though they will stop waiving the $5 fee. Besides Remote Access, what's the reason to keep it connected?

So Dish can have your viewing data as well as be informed of any hardware/signal issues.

Video on Demand

that credit was in my leaked info.........

altogether too little too late. If more people vothed with their feet err wallet companies wouldnt even try price gouges like this........
I knew about the credit when I first got my information. The only reason I didn't report it was because there is no rhyme or reason to who gets the credit and who does not. I didn't want our members to think they were entitled to get a credit when there is a chance that they will get nothing.

They are trying to disguise the increase, I don't pay any of those charges meaning the Access Fee. And as AEP customer I didn't pay a DVR fee neither. One of the reason that I moved to AEP was to get a better bang for the buck.. Well no more premiums channels for me then.. :(

I have a question. I currently have a 722 HD DVR in my main room and 211 in my second room(Both leased) I don't use the 211 much and I have TV2 from my 722 connected. Would Dish allow me to return the 211? If so, how whould that effect My bill after 02/01?

Directv could and probably will take advantage of this in two ways. One, they will jack up the fees, and two they will still advertise that they are cheaper because they would probably jack them up less than what Dish did.

Dish has given DirecTV has a great opportunity to really hit back at the "Why would you ever pay more for TV?" campaign;

"Why would you ever pay $17 for an additional DVR?"

I can hear the marketing guys for DirecTV laughing already...

I have a question. I currently have a 722 HD DVR in my main room and 211 in my second room(Both leased) I don't use the 211 much and I have TV2 from my 722 connected. Would Dish allow me to return the 211? If so, how whould that effect My bill after 02/01?

If you are leasing the 211, just tell Dish you want to deactivate it and get rid of it from your account. They should send you a box to return the receiver and remote. By doing that you should save yourself $7/mo.

Dish has given DirecTV has a great opportunity to really hit back at the "Why would you ever pay more for TV?" campaign;

Yeah D marketing must be happy campers today:)

Verizon bundle month to month no contract including phone, internet 15 down 5 up and 220 channels of HD, 130 bucks a month.Dont know what I will do for DVR but whatever it is cant be more expensive than E

Charlie THANKS for making me shop.:):):)

E will me getting CUSTOMERS to look at their bill nationwide:)

And just like a hassle I had with state farm for my business liabilty policy, it saved me big bucks.

Incidently I am already paying over 70 bucks a month for phone with 5 meg down 1.5 meg up internet, so the tv bundle isnt that expensive.

Will check out comcast too, but no contracts is me:)

I agree it is an excellent time for Directv to agressively market against Dish with this.

What may end up happening instead is Directv will raise their receiver rates to $16.

I'm a one receiver (722) home now, so the new fees won't affect me but 2 pennies, but I have to say, this new pricing scheme is dumb & dumber in the first degree.

I guess Q1 2010 report won't be bad for Chuck, but Q2 will probably show some bad stats.

HD still $20?

One thing I haven't seen yet is HD costs. I have AT250, and I am charged $10.00 for Gold HD and $10.00 for Platinum HD. Under the new pricing structure, will I still be paying $20 for all of my HD, or is that going to be $10.00 now?

Just a little confused....

One thing I haven't seen yet is HD costs. I have AT250, and I am charged $10.00 for Gold HD and $10.00 for Platinum HD. Under the new pricing structure, will I still be paying $20 for all of my HD, or is that going to be $10.00 now?

Just a little confused....

If I were you I would call Dish right now and have them change it to $10 for both. You have been paying an extra $10 for months now.

I have a ViP622 and a 508 with AEP. My hardware costs will go up $11/month from what I can gather. I was not being billed nor credited for an additional tuner fee.

The stupidity of this is that it takes away much of the motivation for getting customer's receivers network connected (or penalizes those who went to the trouble). Especially now that you can do serviceable remote scheduling without a network connection.

I would think (hope) they would offer a different fee structure for owned receivers.

Finally, I wonder if they Playboy $7 deal is available with AT250+movie plexes for those without LIL.

i am confuse a little...I have 4 DVRS in my house 2 722s one 722K and one 612..usually one is free charge ..but another three, I'm paying $12 for each reciever,so after FEB first, would be any changes to my 4 DVR prices?

i am confuse a little...I have 4 DVRS in my house 2 722s one 722K and one 612..usually one is free charge ..but another three, I'm paying $12 for each reciever,so after FEB first, would be any changes to my 4 DVR prices?

you will be paying 17x 3 additional hd dvrs =$ 51
Only 1 dvr fee per all dvrs = $ 6

Jeez Louise!

I'm beginning to think Crapcast wasn't so bad after all! But I've decided to try and stick it out with the E* Sharks. I think. Got about 8 more hours before I can cancel on a new installation. Help me decide.

All this talk about new pricing has me a litttle bit nervous. When everyhting is finally done I will be getting the promo rates on the programming package and am getting three recvrs, a 211k, 222k and and a 612. Because of the insallation debacle (see my other thread: the Insallation from Hell) they are giving me $10 off my monthly bill for 1 year and 75% off the installation of the 211k.

A. Since I've just signed the contract (last week) for 2 years, can my prcing on the recvrs still go up?

B. If so how much?

I'm currently paying addl $14 per month for the extra recvrs.

Thanks Guyz

Last edited:

Your receiver fees should be,
722k free
722 $17
722 $17
612 $10
DVR $6
HD $10
Plus whatever your programming is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts