Prime Time Anytime and Network Timers

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
After getting a new Hopper with Sling and Super Joey installed today, I turned Prime Time Anytime on for the first time, but I noticed that it is taking priority over all my other network timers. Does that mean my Hopper will no longer save those prime time recordings on my DVR for more than 8 days unless I manually save them, or is there a way for it to automatically save the programs that I specify?

If PTAT is enabled and a timer exists or is created for a program that falls inside the PTAT block of programs, the program will be saved into the "main" DVR folder as well as the PTAT folder. It will be removed from the PTAT folder after 8 days, but will remain in the main folder.

Last edited:
If PTAT is enabled and a timer exists or is created for a program that fall inside the PTAT block of programs, the program will be saved into the "main" DVR folder as well as the PTAT folder. It will be removed from the PTAT folder after 8 days, but will remain in the main folder.
Perfect. Thanks.

Ok, I see how this works now but I still have one issue (or should I say my wife has one complaint) about PTAT. Is there anyway to see which of my overlapping timers are set to record in PTAT? In other words, if I have a timer to record New episodes of The Voice, is there any way to view a schedule that shows when there are new episodes that will be recorded? My wife was in the habit of checking the Daily Schedule each day to see which of her shows had new episodes scheduled to record that night. With PTAT enabled, all the Daily Schedule tells us is that PTAT is set to record, but doesn't give any information about the overlapping timers. Please tell me there is a solution for this so that I can appease my wife!

Delete the timer triggering the events and set it up again.

That doesn't work, it still shows the timer as skipped due to PTAT. The timer works/records properly, but just doesn't allow for a quick view of what new prime time programs are scheduled to record like we had before enabling PTAT.

If the timer description says Skipped: PrimeTime Anytime Event it is an event that your timer will record (save) to your "My Recordings" folder.
Can't really get much simpler than that unless DISH would change to not showing as skipped.

Can't really get much simpler than that unless DISH would change to not showing as skipped.
Yeah, that is the issue is wading through the list of Skipped events to find the ones that were "skipped" due to PTAT, rather than being skipped because they weren't new episodes. I don't think it is a big deal either, but for some reason my wife was very annoyed by it.

If you click on each program in your daily record list in the period during Prime Time, it will show "Skipped due to PTAT" UNLESS it's not a new show, then it'll show that it's being skipped due it not being a new episode.

Like you wife, I used to go down the list to see what's what with ease. I still do it, but you have to look at each program to see what's happening.

Larry
SF

Yeah, that is the issue is wading through the list of Skipped events to find the ones that were "skipped" due to PTAT, rather than being skipped because they weren't new episodes. I don't think it is a big deal either, but for some reason my wife was very annoyed by it.

Understand, my thoughts go out to you. Hang in there.

Don't have a Hopper but thought this might be a good place to ask this.

Lets say there are 3 PTAT one hour shows on the same network and on the same night that I have setup to 'save'. 2 weeks have passed since recording, so by this time they should be moved to My Recordings.

Assuming the typical +1 early, +3 late default timer padding, will each recording show 1:04 for total time? In other words, is that 4 minute overlap included with each separate recording?

Thanks.

Those recordings are saved the night they are recorded if you used "Save Series" If you do it manually they are saved to My Recordings as soon as you do that. Yes the overlap is included.