Prime time recording OTA

Pat Patton

Original poster
Feb 18, 2021
Ohio
If I cancel Dish OTA channels and use the usb receiver for my OTA will it major networks still be recorded as PrimeTime?

You will need to set up timers for the shows you want to record since they will not be automatically recorded by PTAT. However you can still get the commercial skip that PTAT gives by enabling PTAT.
Personally, I am willing to pay the $12 per month for locals even though I have the locals with the OTA module. The convenience of allowing me to sample new shows is worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You will need to set up timers for the shows you want to record since they will not be automatically recorded by PTAT. However you can still get the commercial skip that PTAT gives by enabling PTAT.
Personally, I am willing to pay the $12 per month for locals even though I have the locals with the OTA module. The convenience of allowing me to sample new shows is worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I concur on allowing to sample new shows. Also, don't have to set up all those prime time timers is nice too.

I've reached the point where I just want them un-bundled. I am willing to pay Dish for one or the other, but not both. So, I subscribe to the $15 Locals Only option from Dish. If I have to pay for any other Dish programming, then I'll drop the locals. That $12 per month could pay for a very nice streaming service if I just want to sample new shows. Then, if I get bored with the shows on that streaming service, I could drop it and switch to another one instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts