Primestar Dish and C/Ku Band LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
Ok, I finally got my system functional. But am a little disappointed to find that most of the channels Lyngsat lists as being FTA are in fact sent out over C band not Ku-Band. :(

So now my question is, is there such a thing as a C/Ku-Band LNBF that is capable of getting both C-Band and Ku-Band signals at the same time?

And then my other question is, would my 1 meter primestar dish do any good on collecting digital C-Band signals?

Ok, so I'm confused now.

Does it actually work to get DVB FTA signals with a 1 meter primestar dish and a C-Band LNB ?

I see conflicting reports some saying they were able to use it just fine, others say they could only faintly pick up analog signals...

And if it is actually possible with some level of reliability, who/where sells a combo Ku-Band/C-Band LNBF or LNB + Feed Horn combo that will fit on an off-set primestar dish?

With my 40" dish and C-Band LNB analog was a bit hit and miss, but some DVB signals were perfect, for example the ASN channel on Anik F1 was worth all the hassle alone.

Anything smaller than 6' for C-Band is really just an experiment, for fun!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)