Primestar dish and H.o.a's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chesterbeag

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
Pflugerville, Texas
Yesterday I received a letter from my Hoa about my Primestar dish in my backyard.
It mentioned that I had to seek approval from the Archetechural control committee to have it. Is this legal for them to do this or is there an FCC mandate that says this is ok. I beleive my dish size is 30 x 39 oval. I sure will miss those wild feeds.

The Primestar dishes are 39.37 inches which is fine. Sounds like your HOA wants to be dinks about it.

I have the same issue. They questioned my DirecPC dish, which was 39x23” a while back, which was legal. I showed them OTARD rules and haven’t had issues since

I'm thinking Primestar was still in business when the OTARD rules were created. If I'm not mistaken, always a possibilty, they may have had P* in mind when they set the size limits, making sure they were protected.

Well the OTARD says 1 meter, which is what the Primestar dishes are (and yes OTARD was created while they were still in business)

Iceberg said:
The Primestar dishes are 39.37 inches which is fine. Sounds like your HOA wants to be dinks about it.

I have the same issue. They questioned my DirecPC dish, which was 39x23” a while back, which was legal. I showed them OTARD rules and haven’t had issues since

:D :D Then ya put up the 6 foot dish :D :D

partyharty said:
:D :D Then ya put up the 6 foot dish :D :D

well not really. That one I said "screw it" and put it up. They havent said anything and the new head of HOA is cool with it.

As I've mentioned before, the way our houses are set up, you can't see it from the road (big pin trees in the way) or as you drive up the driveway :)

The OTARD rules say I am protected up to a 1meter dish. I could put a 15 foot dish up if I want...but I wouldnt have a leg to stand on if they said "take it down"

I'm glad I don't have to put up HOA's, however they would hate me. for spite, I would set as many PS dishes I could all over the yard weither or not they are in use.

doesn't it say "one" 1 meter dish? isn't that rule is the reasoning behind the one dish locals thinking?

SatAdam said:
doesn't it say "one" 1 meter dish? isn't that rule is the reasoning behind the one dish locals thinking?

no. There is no limit

The one dish locals was to comply with the FCC because Dish was splitting locals on 2 satellites so you needed 2 dishes for your locals. The locals on the "wing" dish (usually these were secondary PBS, religios, ethnic, etc channel) were mad because they couldn't get as many "eyes" as the ones on the main dish (because you HAD to request a 2nd dish).

You can have ALL locals on one dish but not the same as the other stuff (that is why there are 148 only locals)

Here is the answer

Q: Can a restriction limit the number of antennas that may be installed at a particular location?

The Commission’s rule covers the antennas necessary to receive service. Therefore, a local rule may not, for example, allow only one antenna if more than one antenna is necessary to receive the desired service.

so I need my SC dish to get StarChoice (DUH!)
I need the 30" dish for free to air
The 36" dish I need because, um, line of site (yeah that will work) :)
The C-Band to get the networks (ah heck, we'll say I want BYU TV and the only way to get it is on C-Band)

Only dish I didnt mention was the SBS6 dish....
The 91 dish for ExpressVu audio :D

I had the same problem, as long as you cant see the dish from the outside and it dont "affect the beauty" of where you live, your cool, they asked me to remove it, I walked around with them and you cant F***G see it..

Some old as*hole saw me install and got pissed because, including my Dish network systems I got 2 dishes, but you cant see them, unless you jump on my roof.
They are so anal, they bitch about anything... I feel your pain

What was funny in my case was the old HOA head (the dink that lives next to me) wanted to invoke a one dish rule....only problem was at the time Minneapolis was a 2 dish local area for Dish :)

Nobody else on the HOA board cared and a couple laughed when a couple of us brought in the OTARD rules (we have a couple people here in our townhouse complex who needed 2 dishes because of ethnics)

The one lady asked me to be on the board...I kinda chuckled :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)