primestar dish is up now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
uncleuser said:
I eyballed near my old directv 101w and move to the right a couple inches. I know galazy10 is 123w.
How do I know where the dish is pointing to. I got signal using the sat meter.
Help! thanks.

where ya standing for it to be right?

123 is 22 degrees WEST of 101. If you're standing behind the dish, it would be to the right.

I'm assuming you have the right elevation

I was standing behind the dish and move it to the right.
so do I set up for circular or ku band in progdvb?
if ku band what is the values for LOF1 LOF2 and switch?
Iceberg said:
where ya standing for it to be right?

123 is 22 degrees WEST of 101. If you're standing behind the dish, it would be to the right.

I'm assuming you have the right elevation

still not a go

I still can't get any picture on tv.

what should be the setting for ku band for LOF1 and LOF 2 and switch?
I have two outputs from the original primestar lnb that are hooked up to the diseq 2 switch to my dvb card.

Any experts out there with primestar?

You might need to just bypass your diseqc to you get a signal, if the primestar dish has a dual output it should be stamped on the end hor.,ver.
if it has one output, your set. if it has 2, hook your coax to vertical side and
enter 11799 -26660 Vertical on your setup Sat. G-10 scan for channels
I have a couple of these primestar dishes and they work great for fta.

you can go to lyngsat click on your location and get your elevation, it may not be exact but it will get you in the ballpark. hope the info helped some

That's one of the solid answers I've received so far.
Is there a way to get both v and h at the same time? Mine indeed says v and h on the outputs. Do I need 2x1 switch instead of diseq?
Thanks for the reply.
Covack said:
You might need to just bypass your diseqc to you get a signal, if the primestar dish has a dual output it should be stamped on the end hor.,ver.
if it has one output, your set. if it has 2, hook your coax to vertical side and
enter 11799 -26660 Vertical on your setup Sat. G-10 scan for channels
I have a couple of these primestar dishes and they work great for fta.

you can go to lyngsat click on your location and get your elevation, it may not be exact but it will get you in the ballpark. hope the info helped some

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts