Primestar Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

saidias

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2005
WOW! I found a guy locally who gave me some old primestar dishes. 1 meter oval/round. I have a couple questions.

1) They are fyberglass. Will this not work? Should I have gotten the metal ones?

2) Do I need to be concerned with a focal point? Or can the LNB mount any distance from the face of the dish.

My hope is to of course use these dishes with Ku Band, but was interested in also the "test" that has been done with C Band reception.

Pls advise.

Thanks
MD

1/ Fiberglass will work, it has a steel mesh inside.

2/ You move the LNBF closer and further away from the dish depending on the signal quality. Most of the LNB's I have installed needed to be as far away from the dish as they can go to get the maximum signal quality.

Nice Find!

your the richest guy I know!!( they made a 1.2m version! I got 4)

I got a 1M and a 1.2M: WOO HOO! The guy has more 1m and 1.2m. Im going to go back and get another 1.2M. Not that I need more than 1........but who am I kidding:)

I would recommend to anyone who wants one, call around locally to a DirectTV installer. Back when DTV bought out Primestar, DTV swapped out the old Primestar dishes for DTV. Installers alot of times still have them laying around. This guy had a whole field from them:)

Maybe this helps! I am on cloud 9 right now! I think I will grab a cold one:)

MD

Well, if you would like, I would be more than happy to send one to you for the cost of shipping from Iowa. I don't know if it would be worth it.....but im sure I could figure up the cost of shipping.

MD

saidias said:
Well, if you would like, I would be more than happy to send one to you for the cost of shipping from Iowa. I don't know if it would be worth it.....but im sure I could figure up the cost of shipping.

MD

I would be interested if you would be willing to offer to same to me. I am a little closer, Manhattan, KS.

saidias said:

MD

What part of Iowa are you from? I am in N.E. Missouri. If you are not too far away it might be worth the drive.

Ottumwa, Iowa. South central. Im about 30min from MO border

I have a p* dish but am having trouble finding a holder for my lnb, any bright ideas. used a cabel strap and experimented with it picking up amazonia for the first time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.