Primestar is now motorized

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
CbandLover said:
I guess I should have specified. My fault. I am just using the Primestar mount for north/south elevation only. I rotated the whole motor/dish assembly east/west on the pole to peak AMC9.

I have had my FT LT Ultra for over a year now. Should I be concerned with trying to update it to the latest factory firmware? It still appears that the satellite list is pretty accurate, considering all the relocations since I bought the box. I just wonder if the menu has any updates or if anything is significantly different. Also, would I need a null cable or just a straight through serial cable if anyone recommends the update?

Straight cable , but if it aint broke , don't fix it .

All the sat info can be edited with the remote control , once you get to the correct menu .

Wyr

Ok.. I think I figured out why I am having issues aiming. AMC9 moved to 83w, which ICE is right. But my FT LT says that AMC9 is still 85w. I tried going thru the sat setup list, but there are no other sats listed for 83w that I could use instead.
Tried to add new one, but it only asked for symbol and TP info, nothing about sat location where I could input 83w. Does this mean I do need to update it? Is there something I am doing wrong or something else I need to do?

Sorry for all the questions.... Thanks again in advance for everyone's help.

nope

If you are going to make AMC9 at 83 just go into USALS and change the satellite spot (It should say 85 right now)...just change it to 83

or create a new satellite for AMC9, rename the AMC9 in there right now AMC2. Add a transponder and again in USALS put in the satellite spot :)

My Pansat does the same thing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)