Status
Please reply by conversation.

superslug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
Trenton,MO
CAM00017.jpg

Can this primestar dish work for fta? The elliptical dish measure 39in a cross. Do not have the mount for lnb or original lnb. Can I use a universal lnbf? I need help with this project. Any idea!

Yes. If you don't use the original feed horn and LNB that came with it. Just retrofit a newer style LNBF these are combo feed horn and LNB...Thus the LNBF.

The original feedhorn will work best.

There are various choices of LNBs, if you dont have original.

And there aren't any LNBFs (in North America) with elliptical Feedhorns to match that dish.
They're all round (to match a round dish).

Post back if you need a picture of the lnbf-clamp. It's just hard plastic on the original, you could fashion one out of a piece of 1x2" wood or something if you had to. I can pop one off and measure it, I have two of the same dish , round 1m channel master dish uses the same clamp I believe.

And there aren't any LNBFs (in North America) with elliptical Feedhorns to match that dish.

That's not actually true anymore. Check this out: http://impaktproducts.com/Eagle-Aspen-270-Ku-Band-Dual-Output-Linear-LNBF-ON-SALE-p-16619.html

They also sell a brand NEW complete dish and lnb of that model. It's a true Channel Master 84E!. http://impaktproducts.com/40-inch-Channel-Master-84E-Heavy-Duty-FTA-Satellite-Antenna-p-16620.html

I know..... amazing, isn't it?

ANY lnbf will work ok for you, it's just that the Eagle Aspen model above, comes with the exact feed needed to truly illuminate the entire elliptical reflector that particular dish has.

As for getting 83w with it, if there's a tree in the way of your present dish, this dish isn't an x-ray one, so would still have the same problem. Unless of course you plan to move it to a location that can see past that tree. Then YES, it'll work perfectly for that purpose.

I'll stand by what I said.
Nothing wrong using exact replacement parts from Impakt, though.
Probably come from the same factory ... or from Andrew. ;)

You keep asking about universal....now that I know what bird you want to hit, you don't need universal.

These worthless Primestar dishes are supposed to be sent to me! :(

But seriously, its a great dish for FTA. I'd use a FSS LNB from a Superdish, but those are bandstacked, so there are some special considerations.

lets see , i think i rembered using 1/2 of a pipe clamp ( found at the local lowes) to mount my lnbf to the primestar dish when i was testing those " other than original primestar lnbf's "

I got my primestar to work off of 83w (amc-9). I find the original lnb. The signal quality for rtv is only between 50 to 56 percent. I think needs a little adjustment.
Thanks for all the help:)

I picked 83W k band for now because I like cartoons in the morning. Also do not have to move my c band dish. I like Mr.Magoo on PBJ.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts