Primetime anytime satellites

Kd0ess

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2020
Monroe la
I have no idea what satellites I’m using to receive anything right now, especially because the dishes not even up on the house because of roof work. I do know however, that ever since I had the install back in 2018, primetime any time has never worked. I talked to dish network technical support and they said something about it not being pointed in the right direction or something. What direction and or what satellites does it need to be pointed at receive primetime any time functionalities? Apparently it needs to be pointed at a certain satellite, and only that satellite does the recording aspect. Interesting.

So with the limited functionality that I have of the dish, and the fact that I’m blind, and being fully reliant on the text to speech and engine within the hopper three, I see that under the diagnostics menu, under satellite and dish details, it says satellite 110, 119, and 129 are all OK. Which is amusing because you think nothing will be OK because the dishes it even mounted properly.

There is no special transponder for Prime Time Any Time as opposed to the one that carries your local channels for normal use. If you were getting your big-network locals, the feature should have worked.

Since I don't know what the Hopper's text-to-speech feature is capable of, I need to ask: are you sure that Prime Time Any Time was enabled? I cannot remember whether it is enabled by default, also, I only have a Hopper 2 so it may be different on the 3.

Regarding the satellite diagnostics working even with no dish connected, I don't remember how it works on the Hopper, but on the old receivers at least, you have to select the "Check Switch" function to update that.

There is no special transponder for Prime Time Any Time as opposed to the one that carries your local channels for normal use. If you were getting your big-network locals, the feature should have worked.
There is one exception to that. If the high definition locals are on one arc, and there are standard definition duplicates on the other arc, then the Prime Time Any Time feature may only work on the high definition locals. The only markets where Dish enabled the feature for standard definition locals were markets where a high definition version of the locals were not carried at all. So, a subscriber aimed at Western Arc for standard definition locals would be getting the big networks without getting Prime Time Any Time. In this case, Prime Time Any Time would only work with the Eastern Arc locals.

There is one exception to that. If the high definition locals are on one arc, and there are standard definition duplicates on the other arc, then the Prime Time Any Time feature may only work on the high definition locals. The only markets where Dish enabled the feature for standard definition locals were markets where a high definition version of the locals were not carried at all. So, a subscriber aimed at Western Arc for standard definition locals would be getting the big networks without getting Prime Time Any Time. In this case, Prime Time Any Time would only work with the Eastern Arc locals.
and that may well be his issue. His local HD channels are on 61.5 and the SD channels are on 110. Maybe he has been looking at western arc all this time.

are you sure that Prime Time Any Time was enabled? I cannot remember whether it is enabled by default...

It was off by default on my H3. You can also turn it on when you have only OTA locals, but it will not work on OTA locals. :( The only reason I did that was to get autohop to work on my OTA locals. :D

and that may well be his issue. His local HD channels are on 61.5 and the SD channels are on 110. Maybe he has been looking at western arc all this time.
is there anything that I can do about that? Will the dish that I am getting for international programming help with this at all? I’m kind of doubting it though, but I don’t know. :)

is there anything that I can do about that? Will the dish that I am getting for international programming help with this at all? I’m kind of doubting it though, but I don’t know. :)
It won't. If your HD Locals were on the 129, it would be better for you. 1 Dish, mostly

So Prime Time Anywhere will not work if you have the OTA adapter correct? You have to subscribe to their $12 a month local channel package for it to work? Thanks.

So Prime Time Anywhere will not work if you have the OTA adapter correct? You have to subscribe to their $12 a month local channel package for it to work? Thanks.
That’s right, which I had, and it still didn’t work for me. I think it was something to do with the fact that it wasn’t pointed in the right direction or something. I still don’t know. :)

is there anything that I can do about that? Will the dish that I am getting for international programming help with this at all?

You can get Dish to switch you to western arc IF your SD locals exist over there, or if you don't care to get your locals off the satellite. I saved $12/mo by getting my locals off my antenna and not through Dish. The guide is integrated when your receiver discovers it can get locals OTA, even if you don't subscribe to the satellite locals. You only need one dish for 118 and for the other western arc satellites, so having only one dish is yet another benefit.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I live in west Texas and had been on WA since 2003, but our HD locals were put on 61.5.

Well, I added a wing dish for 61.5 and it confused the heck out of the Hopper.

PTAT would not work hardly at all (mostly ABC but no CBS, NBC or FOX).

Dish finally switched me over to EA and all has been fine since then.

I agree that having your dish pointed to WA when HD locals are on EA causes problems with PTAT.

I am also in West Texas and have had the western arc and a wing dish for 61.5 to get HD locals for many years now. My PTAT has always worked with my H3. When they tried to give me just the eastern arc the reception strength was not as good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts