Printing from a Mac

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I just recently purchased my first IMac and I'm having some trouble printing from certain websites. I'm currently not at home so I don't have all the details. But my wife called me in a panic because she can't get her coupons to print. :rolleyes:

I know this website in particular is one that's causing some problems.

Time2SaveWorkshops.com

Is anyone with a Mac ever come across this issue before? I'm sure there's probably a program that I need to download to make it work. I just don't know what it is. She says when she hits the print button, that nothing happens. No messages or errors. I can probably get more info this afternoon. I just thought maybe someone would know about the problem on here.

Hmm... I just went there and fiddled around a bit to see if I could get any coupons to print. No luck. It said it installed a coupon printer software, then did something and came back and said it was printed. Well, it wasn't...

No sure what is going on.

From what I've seen, many coupon-related websites do require a special program to print coupons (why not just use PDF ???).

I just tried that site, picked one of the first coupons from this page, Coupons, the PediaSure one, and the next page has a button for "Install the coupon printer", which next wants to download/install an app. Did she do that ?

From what I've seen, many coupon-related websites do require a special program to print coupons (why not just use PDF ???).

I just tried that site, picked one of the first coupons from this page, Coupons, the PediaSure one, and the next page has a button for "Install the coupon printer", which next wants to download/install an app. Did she do that ?

Maybe I am wrong, but doesn't that scream spyware to you? You want to print our stuff, you install a special program that lets you do it...

She tried to download the printing software several times but still could not get them to print. But after playing with it for a while, I realized I needed to install Java. Once I did that it seemed to work. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, it's supplied by Apple and to the best of my knowledge, always pre-installed. Again, only going by what's been stated, it wasn't "Java needed updated", it was "I needed to install Java".

Yes, it's supplied by Apple and to the best of my knowledge, always pre-installed. Again, only going by what's been stated, it wasn't "Java needed updated", it was "I needed to install Java".

If it was Lion that was installed java is no longer preinstalled. This is the first version that did not have it preinstalled. I am not 100% sure but I think the first time I needed Java after the upgrade to Lion it had to reinstall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts