Priorities in DVR schedule

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephenJC

SatelliteGuys Family
Feb 18, 2011
Cleveland
Hi I just got service last week and I have a question about setting the priorities of timers. Is their another option to move things up other that to make it the top priority Ex if I have a show that ois currently 30 and I want it to be 15 do i have to make it the highest, then go into 2-14 and move them up individualy so that it becomes 15 instead of 1?

Hi I just got service last week and I have a question about setting the priorities of timers. Is their another option to move things up other that to make it the top priority Ex if I have a show that ois currently 30 and I want it to be 15 do i have to make it the highest, then go into 2-14 and move them up individualy so that it becomes 15 instead of 1?

You just need to make it priority over the show you don't want to record. As an example on DVR I have all the network shows(CBS, ABC, FOX and NBC) ahead of everything. Other shows like ones on USA, TNT and Food Network repeat at a later time. So on a Monday if I have Hawaii Five-0 and Harry's Law Recording I move them up in the priority over Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

I have my priority list sorted by days starting with Monday. As Big Dawg noted, put the shows that only are a one time shot that day as the higher one. The cable shows replay them later so it will grab them later.

An example for me is Wednesday. I've got 3 shows at 8:00 (operation repo, dog the bounty hunter and MLB Net has been doing a countdown show). I have them sorted like that so the 1st two go at 8:00 and the MLB Countdown goes at the next time which is 11:00

Tuesday is the same way. Have 3 shows around the 9:00 hour (1 ends at 9:01, the other 2 would start at 8:59). The network show is higher priority than the other 2. One records at 9 and the lowest gets the "rerun" at 1:00AM

You can just highlight the show in the series manager (it's #30 in your example) and then press the right arrow to allow moving it.
Use the up arrow to move the show up one spot at a time.
Or use the channel up button to move the show up one screen at a time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts