Pro-Voomer Dropping Voom - Sadly

randym431

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I guess I've had it with voom billing. They have over charged me for the last 3 months by $60 each month. I went from basic voom to vavavoom a few months ago, and that seems to have completely confused voom's billing dept. They charge me $177 each month since I went to vavavoom. When I talk to them, they see the error right away, say they'll fix it, but the next months bill comes and its the same story, with no adjustments/credits. Just got the new bill, and they, again, will charge $177 to my card. So thats it! I called around and discovered my local cable, mediacom, now has a HD dvr. Sounds good to me. Free install, all the pay channels plus the pay HD channels and local HD (over the cable), the works (plus I already have their high speed internet), all for about $40 less a month than vavavoom (and thats including the high speed internet service and the HD dvr). So I'm giving up those 10 HD voom channels, and the other misc voom channels I really like. But theres just so much incompetence one can tolerate from a company, and I've reached my limit.

Depressing, story after story. What a screwed-up billing department. Inexcusable. And such a simple thing to get right - it's basic business. They Voomed ahead of everyone else with so much HD, but flubbed the basics. <sigh> :no

I guess I'll keep VaVaVuMin here in Santa Rosa until I can no longer squeeze a signal from the dish.

I don't get your math - The VaVaVoom package is about $90 per month (100 if you are renting the equipment). You say that Mediacom is going to give you all of that stuff for about $40 less per month. That does not really work out. I have mediacom for my internet and my bill there is $52.50 per month (if I had cable with them it would be $45). That means that if you were going to be paying $40 less per month then voom, you would only be paying $60 for everything. I find it hard to believe that Mediacom is going to give you all of that (internet, TV, HD DVR) all for $60 per month.

I had them price it out for me once before I switched to Voom and with basically the same package as you had (without HBO, Cinemax, etc.) it was going to cost me $130 per month.

randym431 said:
I guess I've had it with voom billing. They have over charged me for the last 3 months by $60 each month. I went from basic voom to vavavoom a few months ago, and that seems to have completely confused voom's billing dept. They charge me $177 each month since I went to vavavoom. When I talk to them, they see the error right away, say they'll fix it, but the next months bill comes and its the same story, with no adjustments/credits. Just got the new bill, and they, again, will charge $177 to my card. So thats it! I called around and discovered my local cable, mediacom, now has a HD dvr. Sounds good to me. Free install, all the pay channels plus the pay HD channels and local HD (over the cable), the works (plus I already have their high speed internet), all for about $40 less a month than vavavoom (and thats including the high speed internet service and the HD dvr). So I'm giving up those 10 HD voom channels, and the other misc voom channels I really like. But theres just so much incompetence one can tolerate from a company, and I've reached my limit.

TROLL ALERT

Comcast here offered me here(Metro Detroit)that is pretty close to that price for 18 months for about the same thing to drop E*,but I hate them so much I would never do it.

No troll here! You must be one of the lucky that hasn’t had a screwed up bill, and had to deal will vooms cs dept. If you did/had, you'd understand totally.
As far as my math, I'm comparing mediacom to vooms massive over charge they bill me EACH MONTH!!! Like I said, I'm paying $177 for vavavoom. I've seen no credits/adjustments even though I've talked to vooms cs dept many many times. And the really irritating thing is THEY AGREE WITH ME. They see their error right away, but STILL have done nothing. Yes, there is a diff between trolling and just totally sh!tty cs. If you can pull your weight and get voom to fix my account, I'd GLADLY stick with voom. I'm no fan of mediacom, and loved getting rid of them when I went to D*, back in 1997, but, gesh, I just cant put up with a company that thinks my credit card is their new found goldmine. When you call voom's cs billing, and if they have an adjustment they need to make (like on my bill), they ALWAYS give you this line "we'll turn it over to our billing adjustment dept". Thats the line they give. There either isn’t such a dept at voom, or cs had their out box confused with their trash can. I've read horror stories about voom's billing, but you cant (apparently) comprend until its YOU in their sights.

randym431--have you contacted Wilt about this? He has helped other guys out of jams before. If you've called CS multiple times and they have not done anything, I'd play the Wilt card. I'll bet he can get it straightened out. wilth@optonline.net. That's worth a try if you want to keep Voom and straighten out your billing.

rkr0923 said:
I canceled 3 months ago.....still get a paper bill every month

There is something very screwed up here. I have begged and pleaded with VOOM for a paper bill, yet.... They continue to insist that the ONLY form of payment that they will accept is a credit card.

I have NEVER received a single piece of correspondence from VOOM via the mail. Numerous numerous phone calls.

How come some people get paper bills, and can't get rid of them, and I can't seem to get one, and then they cut me off!

Is this messed up or what? The saga continues............ :rolleyes:

Voom's billing nightmare was the final straw for me too. I did play the Wilt card back in July when I was billed 5 times in one month. But they struck again the last 2 months. I was smart enough to only keep $100 available on my CC. Voom tried to bill me 3 times last month (2 were denied by CC) and twice again this month. Both denied this month since I told my CC not to honor anymore charges from Voom. I honestly have never dealt with a more incompetent company than Voom. Verizon is close but Voom is by a long shot the worst. Good luck getting your money back from Voom.

Bob

Those of you getting a "great" deal from cable, report back in a year after the Honeymoon is over and tell us what your rate went up to.

ram1220 said:
Voom's billing nightmare was the final straw for me too. I did play the Wilt card back in July when I was billed 5 times in one month. But they struck again the last 2 months.

Good luck getting your money back from Voom.

I remember that one too. If Wilt helped out in the short term and then Billing reverted to whatever they did before, there are some bad problems that need to get fixed. Probably a gross understatement.

Bottom line is that these billing problems that VOOM has is inexcusable for any company. There is no reason why we shouldn't be paying via check from a paper bill. No reason. They haven't screwed up my billing yet...but all of these stories (and there are many) has me wondering what the hell is really going on in that billing dept. Its really quite simple...BILL EVERYONE ONCE A MONTH!!!

DarrellP said:
Those of you getting a "great" deal from cable, report back in a year after the Honeymoon is over and tell us what your rate went up to.

You are probably correct here, but at least cable can deliver on what I'm looking for. The HD DVR being the most important thing right now.

"You are probably correct here, but at least cable can deliver on what I'm looking for. The HD DVR being the most important thing right now."

That was it for me too, besides the billing mess, was now actually getting a HD DVR. THATS what I've been wanting ever since I got a HDtv. Directv HD tivo wasnt worth the $$$ up front. And a voom DVR would be so sweet, but where is it??? Who'll ever know. So I'm most excited about getting mediacoms HD DVR. Not so excited about going back to cable, but there you are...
I didnt even know cable mediacom had a HD DVR, till I called when vooms billing mess just got to be too much. I too had to call my ccard company to have them reject vooms charges (until voom got it fixed).
So...
Whats the (or is there) an easy way to cancel voom? And how do they get their equipment back? Do they pull the ota antenna off the roof too, or just skip that?

i too still get a paper bill each , it shows i owe 0.00 i cancelled in april, overcharges and bad cs were my reason for leaving. i do occasionally TROLL as some of you call it but i do it to see if voom has gotten any better. seems to me they have not. i want voom to succeed, competition is a great thing for the consumer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts