Problem getting 942's

SactoCal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2005
Anyone else having a problem getting a 942? I have been waiting 2 weeks. I am using a private installer and was third on his list, now at the top, but still. He says the 942's are few and far between. I did notice that Fry's had one on the shelf for $700 and I see them on eBay. Whats up with that?

Local retailers have or order through Dish Echo Sphere. I think there are 4 distribution centers.

When you order directly through Dishnetwork on there 1-800 number (the one on www.dishnetwork.com )

They drop ship the 942 straight from the wharehouse bypassing the Echosphere center.

I got mine in 3 days 2nd day air.

942; delivery time vs. cost

<sum>what kind of cost differentials are you guys paying? Perhaps the middleman adds cost markup as well as time to delivery. mike

I received mine 6 days after my initial order. However it has developed a problem that will require it to be returned. I am told the replacement will take about 24-48 hours to process and I should expect it 3 days after that.

This is all straight from Dish.

My retailer (Auburn) has about a 5 day lag from order to install. Maybe you need to change retailers... :)

Do you need a Club Dish pass for your install? I've got a couple and it will save you $50.

Cheers,

Doug

I dont know,

How about the 942 is now a Voom receiver since the only way you can get Voom now is on a 942 or 811 receiver.

Im sure in a couple of weeks once every one is either moved to SAT or Cable we can merge the threads but right now there are Many that have been away, busy at work, or were on vacation and missed the Voom cut of news.

ScottChez said:
I dont know,

How about the 942 is now a Voom receiver since the only way you can get Voom now is on a 942 or 811 receiver.
How about the 942 is a Dish receiver, and the only way you can get VOOM is with Dish.

This is really a Dish HD forum topic. There's no news here, and it's not a development.

Well, its news for some that they can get a 942 sooner than they thought. (myself, so I am slow) AND the latest developement in the VoOm saga has been the ability to not only continue to view some of the channels, but also record them via a DVR. Sooooo... :p

Thanks to everyone else for the info

:::mutters something about trolls and birth control:::

SactoCal said:
...but also record them via a DVR. Sooooo... :p

Thanks to everyone else for the info

:::mutters something about trolls and birth control:::
Along with the rest of the Dish channels. It's a Dish thing, not a VOOM thing.

::mutters something about cheerleaders who refuse to change uniforms. :)

ScottChez said:
Local retailers have or order through Dish Echo Sphere. I think there are 4 distribution centers.

When you order directly through Dishnetwork on there 1-800 number (the one on www.dishnetwork.com )

They drop ship the 942 straight from the wharehouse bypassing the Echosphere center.

I got mine in 3 days 2nd day air.

I received min in about 5 days from Dishnetwork

ScottChez said:
I dont know,
I get mine with the 921...
but, you're right. If it gets Voom, it must now be a Voom receiver.

It is wierd, but that's life in the satellite tv business. DishNetwork won't sell existing customers a 942 directly, and most of the listed sellers don't have them either. I went all over the place locally and couldn't find one. So I bought one on EBAY. New, in-the-box, with warranty for $679 on a EBAY "Buy-It-Now" purchase. I paid $40 shipping and $9 for insurance, so paid total with shipping of $728, but paid no sales tax. If I had bought it locally, sales tax would ahve been $59.00, so buying on EBAY can be a good way to go.

GLBorchert said:
It is wierd, but that's life in the satellite tv business. DishNetwork won't sell existing customers a 942 directly, and most of the listed sellers don't have them either. I went all over the place locally and couldn't find one. So I bought one on EBAY. New, in-the-box, with warranty for $679 on a EBAY "Buy-It-Now" purchase. I paid $40 shipping and $9 for insurance, so paid total with shipping of $728, but paid no sales tax. If I had bought it locally, sales tax would ahve been $59.00, so buying on EBAY can be a good way to go.
Or you could have gone to DishDepot and paid $699 with free shipping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)