Problem getting signal lock on transponder 13

sonnyboy11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Had a Dish tech out twice today trying to resolve an issue with TP 13 not locking in a signal. HBOHD, TNTHD and it looks like a few SD channels in the 8000 range are affected. I simply cannot get those stations to lock in (box comes up trying to cycle onto sat 1-5, and that just keeps looping).

I did some searching here and the LNBs appear to be the culprit in a lot of cases. Strange thing is, the tech replace both LNBs (twin dp and a dual dp) and it started working fine but reverted back to the same problem a couple of hours later. What do you guys think? Maybe the new dps went bad too? It's not all that hot here today so I don't think it's heat related. Tech also replaced all barrels, checked the lines, everything he could think of. They are sending a level two tech tomorrow.

Any advice appreciated if you guys have suggestions.

Well, not that anyone here cared :rolleyes: ... but just in case anyone searches for a similar issue to this one later on, the problem was the 622! The HDMI port had given out on my first 622 and I recently had it replaced. The new one would not lock onto transponder 13 for whatever reason. So after replacing just about other piece of hardware, re-aligning the Dish's, etc we finally decided to try a new 622 as a last resort. Presto! Problem solved. Wish we had tried that BEFORE I just spent the last two days dealing this. But at least everything is back to normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)