Problem....Need some help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

micklel

Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
4dtv operates perfectly all day and evening. Before turning off at night, go to G1. Next morning, no picture any satellite for the first 2-3 hours.

Installed new LNB last week. Everything fine for a day or two. Then...same story.

Some help please.

Thanks.

What are you showing for signal quality? Could it be moisture in the connections that is drying out in the first couple of hours in the morning when the sun gets on it?

Thanks for the response. Signal quality 100. I should mention great picture analog, (G1-1). Had same problem before installing new LNB.

I would then think it is either a cable or connection problem. I have not heard of this with the receiver itself and since you changed the lnb it has to be something in between.

I ran a seperate cable from the dish to the reciever outside the house and thru a door. Everything worked fine. I guess that leaves a connection problem. Someone told me about changing a LNB and having a feedhorn problem. I asked them how to test a feedhorn and am waiting an answer.

I ran a seperate cable from the dish to the reciever outside the house and thru a door. Everything worked fine. I guess that leaves a connection problem. Someone told me about changing a LNB and having a feedhorn problem. I asked them how to test a feedhorn and am waiting an answer.

Sounds like a cable/connection problem.

A feedhorn issue would affect the signal strength/quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)