Problem receiving ABC,NBC,CBS in Port au Prince

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Odats

Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
Port au Prince
Hi there,

New to this forum. I'm an Irish Expat worker in Port au Prince and have a Direct TV Florida card and box.

I can pick up the paid channels like History,Discovery but I am getting the problem searching for a signal when trying to watch ABC,NBC,CBS (the standard channels).

Do I need to reposition the satellite to pick these up?

Thanking you,

Odats

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It's most likely that you are out of the foot print of the spot beam that carries the locals. The sd spot beam doesn't cover Haiti. Can you post your signal strengths on all of the satellites?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It's most likely that you are out of the foot print of the spot beam that carries the locals. The sd spot beam doesn't cover Haiti. Can you post your signal strengths on all of the satellites?

Hi Raoul,

Here are the signal strengths.

1-8: 75 93 82 0 72 0 78 49
9-16: 71 96 79 0 72 56 76 55
17-24: 68 0 77 0 69 58 75 56
25-32: 64 0 72 0 62 60 71 58

Dish type: 3-LNB (18'' X 20")

RID: 0027 0136 3182

Satellite 101degrees(A)

Yup, Iceberg is right on, as usual. You are too far to get the Miami stations.

You may miss the Florida feeds for your network channels, but you should try 390 for CBS, 392 for NBC, 396 for ABC. I'm not sure where they source these feeds, but they represent the East Coast version of these networks. Since you have subscribed to your Florida locals you should get these channels. You just won't get the local news on these. It seems worth a try.

You may miss the Florida feeds for your network channels, but you should try 390 for CBS, 392 for NBC, 396 for ABC. I'm not sure where they source these feeds, but they represent the East Coast version of these networks. Since you have subscribed to your Florida locals you should get these channels. You just won't get the local news on these. It seems worth a try.

But his receiver wouldn't be authorized for 390 or 392 or 396, right? How could he receive those channels?

Well, I am authorized for locals in the Los Angeles area (2,4,7 and 11) and get channels 391 (CBSw), 393 (NBCw), 397 (ABCw) and 399 (FOXw) with my subscription. When we RV, I take the bedroom receiver along and use the 300+ channels for our So. Cal feeds when we are out of the range of the spot beam. Since he has Florida authorized I would think he also gets the East Coast feeds with his service. (They are certainly not included in my So. Cal. service.)

As I said, it seems worth a try. Maybe odats will update us on whether or not this works for him.

Because you have LA locals the Big4 networks in HD are Conus (whole US). They are normally used for RV'ers/truckers and folks who qualify for them

The only other market like that is New York. The rest are spotbeamed which he is out of the spotbeam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)