ECruzBUD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
SEATTLE, WA.
Hi,

I have a problem.....

What would you do????

A satellite receiver doesn't have an RCA VIDEO OUT???
But it does has RCA AUDIO OUT.
It does has an HDMI connector.

I was told that is to get a HDMI adapter to RCA with AUDIO and VIDEO OUTPUT.
IF so, then the problem is which HDMI adapter support Closed Captioned???
21 lines VBI.. The satellite receiver support Closed Captioned, or "CC".
But don't know whether an HDMI adapter would????

This is for my analog picture tube 27 inch TOSHIBA TV set with an RCA inputs.

The satellite receiver also has both RF1 and RF2

Does this mean that an RF converter box would work with an RCA VIDEO OUT???

Here's the picture that shows the back of the satellite receiver.

What would you do IF there's NO VIDEO OUT RCA????

Hope all helps with answers.

ECruzBUD
Back of jynxbox Utra HDV30 with NO VIDEO out RCA.jpg
Back of jynxbox Utra HDV30 with NO VIDEO out RCA.jpg

If it were me I would simply buy a new TV for that room. In fact, I did just that a few years back, it was a 32" Toshiba CRT, when I added a new receiver there. You can easily buy a HDTV around that size for about $150.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but no thanks..

I'm hoping anyone here with knowledgeable about outputs and inputs connections problem solving.

Thanks,
ECruzBUD

Does the TV have an RF in that you can connect to the RF2 out? Have you tried that?

Alternatively, you could try converting the HDMI out to RCA composite with something like this:

Amazon product ASIN B015H76TRI

Reactions: DWS44
The only FTA Satellite Receiver I know of which supports Closed Captioning is the MicroHD froM SatelliteAV. And it does it over HDMI.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies,

Done2be, my 27 inch picture tube, TOSHIBA 27AFX54 model has "ANTENNA 750". Does that can be an RF in????
It has bunch of RCAs connectors, both RCA IN and OUT.

I really like this TV, colorful for my low vision loss.

Thanks.

What is the model of the receiver? Without knowing the intent/format of the RF1 in and RF2 out connectors on the receiver, it'd all be a guess.

Jynxboc Utra V30

And it does support Closed Captioned.
You press a green bottom on the remote
that says "CC" to enable it.

Ok, based on that model, the RF1 and RF2 are:

1x IEC 169-24 female for LNB signal input,
1x IEC 169-24 female for LNB signal loopout

...which would not be the right signals that your TV would understand. You need to go with the HDMI to RCA converter similar to the one I posted above.

Yes, thank you, but which HDMI converter that would receive or transfer Closed Captioned????

I heard HDMI cables doesn't support Closed Captioned, according from Satellite AV, LLC that
makes the MicroHD and GEOSAT pro HDVR3500 receiver.

I tried with ebayers that sells HDMI converter, and you know what???
They told me that they can't answer me about whether if it Closed Captioned support.

So, are there or is there any HDMI converter with HDMI cable that carry Closed Captioned,
21 lines VBI???

Thanks.

Yes, thank you, but which HDMI converter that would receive or transfer Closed Captioned????
The receiver itself must handle and overlay the closed captioning information. It should appear on all the video outputs (including outputs that are being converted to another video format).

That being said, the receiver's options for color, font and size may not lend themselves to comfortable viewing on a composite connected television.

I think the bad advice you received may be related to the fact that you will not be able to use the TV's own closed captioning facility as modern digital distribution doesn't support the old school format.

Hey Harshness, call ME "OLD SCHOOL" : - ))))))

The satellite receiver itself support Closed Captioned as long it's "Enable" by pressing onto the
bottom on the remote that says "CC" to allow my TV to receive CC.,

But there are so many different HDMI converters to RCA out there.
Which ones that support????
Do you know the best kind model??? HDMI to RCA converter.
I seen bunch of them on ebay, but which ones???

Thanks,
ECruzBUD
OLD SCHOOL : - )))))

The satellite receiver itself support Closed Captioned as long it's "Enable" by pressing onto the
bottom on the remote that says "CC" to allow my TV to receive CC.,
Unless I miss my guess, the receiver doesn't "pass" CC. It renders it and overlays it on the video image.

Converting from digital CC schemes to line 21 probably isn't economically feasible and as I said previously, it shouldn't be necessary as the receiver should render the closed captions all by itself.

Converting from digital CC schemes to line 21 probably isn't economically feasible
The only case of digital CC being converted to line 21 that I know of is in my 722 Dish receiver. The TV2 RF output of HD channels has line 21 CC info that the TV then decodes.

I hate digital CC, as the only option I've seen is it being overlayed on the video, either fully on or off. I don't think there is such an option as "CC when mute" like there was on the old analog CC.

Reactions: TheKrell
I hate digital CC, as the only option I've seen is it being overlayed on the video, either fully on or off. I don't think there is such an option as "CC when mute" like there was on the old analog CC.
You are only half right. When the STB is doing the CC you are correct because the STB has absolutely no way to know that you've muted the TV. Now if you're watching a digital channel on the TV tuner then yes some TV will still show CC on mute.
now back to topic.
Any HDMI to composite converter will work.

What exactly are you planning on doing with this box? Which channels are you after? Which satellite?

You are only half right. When the STB is doing the CC you are correct because the STB has absolutely no way to know that you've muted the TV. Now if you're watching a digital channel on the TV tuner then yes some TV will still show CC on mute.
now back to topic.
Any HDMI to composite converter will work.
Yes, that makes more sense.

And I posted a link to a converter with good reviews and a decent price in post#4

Hi KEY4EST,
Sounds like 4 Eastern time. : - )))

To answer your questions, same thing like I always do
with other satellite receivers. : - ))))

TBN on Galaxy 14, C-band

ABC feeds - Eastern, Mountain, and Pacific on Galaxy 16, C-band
THEY'RE ALL CLOSED CAPTIONED, ALWAYS.
Thanks.
: - )))

Ok, just checking, cause when I see that box it throws a red flag as it is a hot backer box. I will be curious if the CC works on it when you get a converter. Did a little Goggling and seems it advertises CC by some vendors, but what I have read no one has gotten it to work for CC.

And I posted a link to a converter with good reviews and a decent price in post#4

Not to mention, being fulfilled by Amazon means it could be returned if it didn't get the CC working the way he wanted, or he finds the box doesn't support CC after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)