Problem Uploading files from PC to AXBOZ using ACC Control Center

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
This is the first time we are trying to do this.

Have downloaded the files using Filezilla last weekend with alot of folks help

Have edited the files and need to upload back to AZBOX Premium Have went to AZBOx, Settings, Internet and test connction and also went to Browser and it connects to my home page. Have a wired connection

Opened the ACC Control Center,Connection, entered my IP address user, pass, FTP=21 and Telnet 23 and clicked on test connection.

It is having a problem with telenet 23.

Can anyone help here? Really appreciate it

Last edited:
error jpeg.jpg
Added attachemnt with error

Is FTP, telnet etc. enabled in your AZbox receiver? Verify settings network settings from the configuration menu.

FTP always uses port 21? Not sure about telnet as I've never used any of that nor have I ever used that AZBox control center program either?

Once those files (the ones you downloaded last week) are "ready" to upload then all you got to do is use FileZilla to upload them the same way you downloaded them to begin with. Just do the opposite, ie, send them from your PC to the AZBox DISK2 folder. Word of caution though, RIGHT CLICK on the files already on your AZBox and rename the files you want to overwrite to something like (DVBS.dat_old) so that you can change the name on them if you need to. I ALWAYS keep the ORIGINALS intact and rename them just in case something goes wrong and nothing else works.

The settings from the picture you posted appear correct.

FTP port is “21”
Telnet Port is “23”

Now there are two more things you need to make sure of.
1) IP Address < make sure it is correct. Using your remote press “HOME” :
SETTINGS :: System Information : to verify your IP Address.

2 On your Az remote, press “HOME” ; SETTINGS : NETWORK SERVICE ::
Make sure in the Network Service Menu area you have “ENABLED “ everything that
is under this menu. (I have not made any changes in the “setting” box that is in this menu, so it may be best to leave that alone).

The settings from the picture you posted appear correct.

FTP port is “21”
Telnet Port is “23”

Now there are two more things you need to make sure of.
1) IP Address < make sure it is correct. Using your remote press “HOME” :
SETTINGS :: System Information : to verify your IP Address.

2 On your Az remote, press “HOME” ; SETTINGS : NETWORK SERVICE ::
Make sure in the Network Service Menu area you have “ENABLED “ everything that
is under this menu.
(I have not made any changes in the “setting” box that is in this menu, so it may be best to leave that alone).

SonyaJon,

In Stargazes post, the item I highlighted in RED is exactly what I recommend also. This is what is probably preventing the FTP and the TELNET services from connecting. This is oft overlooked. And, as Stargaze mentioned, don't worry about the items in that menu that show SETTINGS. Just ENABLE all items listed and that is sufficient. You don't need to worry about the SETTINGS portion of these items to make it work for what we are requiring.

Beyond this, two more small items:

1] Following the FTP line in ACC, there is a checkbox for PASSIVE MODE. Try checking that as I always do in both ACC and in MaZEdit.

2] Ensure that your COMMAND PROMPT is: ]$

RADAR

I have that resolved now, it changed from black to red amd ftp and telnet is flashing connected.

According to the next step we click on Tools-2 and click on send to AZBOX, couldn;t find "Send to AZBOZ" maybe we don't understand this????

Attachments

• tool 2.jpg
    tool 2.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)