Problem using 811 remote for Sony audio receiver

Dan Berndt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I just got a new 811 to replace my old VOOM system. I have been try get the 811 to operate my Sony A/V system. I got the 811 receiver to turn off the Sony system once but that's all.

I think the problem is with the IR blaster at the front of the 811 box. My understand of the manual is that the 811 receiver picks the RF signal from the remote and then sends out on IR signal out the front of the receiver for controlling ancillary equipment. The way my television viewing area is, I think the IR signal coming out the front of the receiver doesn't have good surface to bonce off of so the IR signal doesn't get to the Sony A/V system.

Does anybody know if these assumptions are correct and, if so, of anyway to overcome this problem?

I had a similar problem. The Sony receiver has remote code 2 as the factory default. Switch it to Remote code 1, and the codes from the 811 manual will work. Remember to also change the remote code setting on the Sony remote, it you want to still use it. The Sony manual will tell you how to change the remote code.

IPAonTAP said:
I had a similar problem. The Sony receiver has remote code 2 as the factory default. Switch it to Remote code 1, and the codes from the 811 manual will work. Remember to also change the remote code setting on the Sony remote, it you want to still use it. The Sony manual will tell you how to change the remote code.

Hey that worked! Thanks a bunch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)