Problem w/the Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR box

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Hi:
I had the Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR box installed by Comcast a month ago and I still can not receive Discovery HD. The CSR's keep telling me it is systemwide problem but one technician admitted that the firmware in my box does not support that channel. I have been through three boxes already and they will pick up the channel after a hard re-boot but lose it as soon as the box is shut off once. I am getting the impression that most Comcast systems use the Motorola HD-DVR box so I don't think there is much work going on to fix this problem. Does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Joseph

I have the same box that you have, in fact two of them and they work fine with DiscoveryHD. I'm in the N. VA area.

I have 2 SA8000HDs and have no problem with Disc-HD either. Panama City, Fl. area.

There are many SA areas in use by Comcast as well as the other CO.s (TW, Cox, etc.) There are also several versions of firmware out there in use on the different systems. It sounds like a problem limited to your local system however.

"one technician admitted that the firmware in my box does not support that channel"

Don't know what they mean by that, why would it not "support" the channel. If it is a firmware issue, they could roll out a newer version (if avail) or rollback to an older. Sounds like the tech said something so he could skedaddle!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts