problem with 222 and sat at 77?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

btrain

Original poster
Nov 21, 2008
Connecticut
Hello. I seem to be having an interesting issue with my 222 receiver (but not my 722 DVR). It seems that certain channels (982 Holiday Music to be specific, I haven't really played with any others), don't come in on my 222, but come in fine on my 722. It says Searching for Satellite 0 of 5. Once, I unplugged it, waited a minute and plugged it back in and it came back ok, but the next day it was gone again. When I change to another channel, though (like 74, Sirius Holiday Music), that comes in no problem. I have a 1000.4 dish and live in Connecticut. In checking, channel 982 is on satellite 77, but channel 74 is on satellite 72.5. So, my questions are:
1) Has anyone ever seen this?
2) My installation is only a few weeks old, so I don't know if I've ever watched anything on my 222 that is on the 77 satellite yet. Is there a list of what channels are on what satellites so I can further troubleshoot this?
3) Is there some sort of setting that may be correct on my 722 but not on my 222 as far as the satellite setup for 77?

Thanks in advance for any help!
b

make sure all coax connections are tight, especially any outside. Is the signal different at the 722 than at the 222 on the same channels? 222's seem more buggy than 722s.

The connections are all good. I even swapped the feed between the two receivers and the problem was still with the 222. The signal strengths are the same on both boxes, but that's what scares me. 61.5 and 72.5 are both between 45 and 50, but 77 is around 15. Should I be worried about that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts