problem with 322

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
I'm having a problem with my 322. I'll be watching for about 15-20 min when the picture disappears with vertical lines. I can hear the audio but there is a loud screeching sound. I disconnect power and reset the receiver and everything is fine.....for 15-20 min then it starts all over again. My entire system is new (installed yesterday!) I've got an 811 fed straight back to the LNB , then I have a sw34 feeding a 322 and 2-311's. The 322 is the only receiver screwing up.

I assume you mean that you have a DP34 - there's no such thing as a SW34.

It's hard to help you when you don't say how the receiver is attached to the TV, the type of TV, where the screech is coming from, or whether you've tried power-cycling the TV instead of the receiver.

Anyway, call the installer TODAY.

If I'm understanding what you are saying, by re-setting the Rx and it works fine for 20 min could be a defective Rx, but like SimpleSimon said we need more info

I have contacted Dish and they are sending me a new receiver. So I will have to keep resetting this unit until the new one arrives. I did notice that this unit does get awfully hot after being on for a while. My other receivers don't get near as hot. Maybe because of the 2 tuners? Or there is something really wrong with the unit. Oh well....she said they will credit my account for the 5 days that I have to wait for the new receiver. Small consolation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)