Problem with 83 w K band on my new MicroHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TP 12115 V 22425 is definitely in the default transponder list of the 97w G19-KU satellite, unless you deleted it. To return to the default satellite/transponder settings, do a factory reset (default).

The default transponder list is separated by horizontal and vertical TPs. It appears that you are looking at the horizontal portion of the list instead of the vertical section. Keep pressing the left/right arrow keys until you get to TP 12115 V 22425 (or press the List/OK key to display a list of TP).

I did not move far enough to get to vert. when I saw the number not listed.
I went back in and found the correct one and was able to flash in new firmware software. This seems to take care of the double bars on SL and SQ. I did a blind scan of 83w and only found TENNESSEE HD 1, that is a total of 6 channels for that sat. I still am puzzled as to why a blind scan found only 1 channel.
Thank you so very much for your help!!!
Sam

Is the PLL lnb a SatelliteAV lnb? Please post a photo of it.

If not, it's a universal lnb, and you need to set it for 10600 22k ON in the menu's.

No it is not a satAV . My knees are killing me and I am not going up the ladder again. In this case WORDS are better than a picture Here are the specs: Specifications:
INPUT FREQUENCY RANGE: 1 0.7 ~ 1 1 .7 GHz 1 1 .7 ~ 1 2.75 GHz
F/D RATIO: 0.5 ~ 0.7
CROSS POL. ISOLATION: 20 dB (Min. )
NOISE FIGURE: 0.1 dB
CONVERSION GAIN: 60 dB (typical)
GAIN FLATNESS: ±0.5 dB / 27 MHz
OUTPUT FREQUENCY: 950 ~ 1 950 MHz 1 1 00 ~ 21 50 MHz
L.O. FREQ. : 9.75 GHz 1 0.60 GHz
L.O. FREQ. STABILITY:
(25°C) ±300KHz
(-40°C ~ 60°C) ±500Hz
L.O. PHASE NOISE:
-55 dBc / Hz ( @ 1 KHz )
-75 dBc / Hz ( @ 1 0KHz )
-90 dBc / Hz ( @ 1 00KHz )
OUTPUT POWER LEVEL: 0 dBm (AT 1 dB GAIN COMPRESSION)
IMAGE REJECTION: > 40dBc
OUTPUT VSWR: 2.5 : 1 (MAX. )
OUTPUT CONNECTOR: 75 N F Type Female
DC CURRENT CONSUMPTION: 1 65mA Max
OPERATING VOLTAGE:
(1 ) 1 1 .5 ~ 1 4.0 V M Vertical Polarization
(2) 1 6.0 ~ 1 9.0 V M Horizontal Polarization
(3) Continuous 22KHz ± 4KHzMHigh Band Selection
OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -40° ~ +60°

Right here proves it's universal:
L.O. FREQ. : 9.75 GHz 10.60 GHz

Set the MicroHD lnb settings on ku to 10600 LO, with 22k ON, and rescan all your channels. Since you said in your second posting that the MicroHD was set to 10750, that's been causing your problem all along... Your channels must have been scanning in on the wrong frequencies, and it couldn't pick up the ones on 83w due to that.

Set the MicroHD lnb settings on ku to 10600 LO, with 22k ON, and rescan all your channels. Since you said in your second posting that the MicroHD was set to 10750, that's been causing your problem all along... Your channels must have been scanning in on the wrong frequencies, and it couldn't pick up the ones on 83w due to that.

Sorry that is a no go! AS soon as I change from 10750 the signal is lost ...it does not scan anything.
The specs. say 10750 I do not understand how 10600 would be expected to work; as I am somewhat of a novice...pleas educate me.

Sorry that is a no go! AS soon as I change from 10750 the signal is lost ...it does not scan anything.
The specs. say 10750 I do not understand how 10600 would be expected to work; as I am somewhat of a novice...pleas educate me.

Primestar31 is correct, the LNB specs you posted are identitcal to the Avenger PLL universal LNB. Set your receiver as per instructed.
I have the same PLL LNB and it will work if set to 10750 but you will not be able to correctly scan all channels.

Humor me, it's universal per your posted specs, you keep fighting about it, but you are incorrect. I own an Avenger PLL, and I know. This isn't a contest, and I'm simply trying to help, but you just aren't really willing to listen. I've been doing this stuff for over 30 years, please just try.

If 10600 with 22k on doesn't work, then it's partially defective, or you have even something else going on. Set it for 9750 where 22k says AUTO, aim it where you think 83w is, and just blindscan the full band.

There are NO standard 10750 PLL ku lnbf's EXCEPT for SatelliteAv's SL1PLL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-noise_block_downconverter#Universal_LNB_.28.22Astra.22_LNB.29

Last edited:
Primestar is correct,your list of specs describe a universal lnbf.
In your list where it says; L.O.FREQ. : 9.75 GHz1 0.60 GHz ,in the micro you would most likely see it listed as 9750 and 10600.That is a universal lnbf.

Primestar is correct,your list of specs describe a universal lnbf.
In your list where it says; L.O.FREQ. : 9.75 GHz1 0.60 GHz ,in the micro you would most likely see it listed as 9750 and 10600.That is a universal lnbf.

Hello guys, Yes you guys are correct, however so am I to some extent. I will do my best to sort things out for you. Bur first I apologize for all the confusion and anything that seemed to you as me not wanting to receive your input and appear to be resisting.

I was rooting in a old box of FTA stuff and pulled out the avenger lnb ( boy did I feel stupid), and yes it is as my listed specs. As it has been about a year since I installed (at least as I remember it a pll lnb) the lnb. My memory was fuzzy also with all the problems I was having and in the mist of frustration I made incorrect postings.

I got the ladder out and went up with a 10x lupe to be sure I read the little sticker correctly as it was well faded and very small print. Here is what was on it: www.wsidigital.com, input freq. 11.7-12.2, output freq 950-1450, noise figure .2bd, gain 70db, lo freq 10.75. sn 1204000487. That would explain when I tried anything other than 10.75 I would loose the signal. I hope this helps to clear some of my mess up. I am trying to locate the sales slip for the one that is on the dish now, which i think is a pll. Once again I an most sorry for the miss-direction.

Sam

Whenever I change LNB settings in my receiver, i lose signal and have to re-scan to bring it back, actually run a scan, not quite sure from your posts if you're actually running a scan after changing the LO or not, or just looking at signal and quality levels. You could try setting the LO setting to 10600 and then rescanning 83 W to see if it works, it won't hurt anything. If it doesn't work, just set the LO back to 10750 and then rescan the one sat, 83W, again, and all would be back as it was.

10600 is the most common LO setting, would be quick to try and worth doing. I don't have a Micro so I can't tell you how to do it on that, but in my receiver it's real easy. Ya never know, I have a cheapo Ku LNB here that I bought new [which I can't seem to find at the moment, otherwise I'd post a picture] that states on the label and the box that the LO is 10750 but it only scans all channels on 10600 and it's a universal even though it doesn't state that it is. Probably the best thing to do would be to put the Avenger PLL LNB onto your dish. I have that same LNB and it works real good. One thing you could check that I don't think was mentioned is that your LNB voltage for that sat. is set to 13/18 V and not just 13 or 18 alone, if it's not set to both it'll only scan one polarity and not get all the channels, Although I think the three you're missing on 83 W are the same polarity as the one you do receive, not sure. Make sure your 22 Khz is set to on or auto too, as was mentioned in an earlier post. Those settings should all be on the same page as the LO setting.

If none of this helps you, [which is very possible!] I'm sure that with the new specs you posted that Primestar31, Waylew and everyone else responding to this thread will be able to figure out your problem, they're all very very good with this stuff. Primestar31, Waylew, and many others here have helped me out more than once, I don't think there's anywhere on the net that you could get better help than here.

Stick with it and with the great help here you'll get it working soon and before you know it this stuff will be easy for you!

Last edited:
Whenever I change LNB settings in my receiver, i lose signal and have to re-scan to bring it back, actually run a scan, not quite sure from your posts if you're actually running a scan after changing the LO or not, or just looking at signal and quality levels. You could try setting the LO Probably the best thing to do would be to put the Avenger PLL LNB onto your dish. I have that same LNB and it works real good. One thing you could check that I don't think was mentioned is that your LNB voltage for that sat. is set to 13/18 V and not just 13 or 18 alone, if it's not set to both it'll only scan one Thank you for the reply. I just ran a scan. I set 10600 and 22 on, it lost signal, however I went ahead and run blind scan. No returns. I then cheked for reception on that sat. 83w and did not have reception. Went back in and set to 10750 22 off an checked channels and had them back. As I posted before I listed the incorrect specs. for the lnb that is currently on the dish. Only thing that I know for sure,(only one LO of 10750 is listed on the little sticker on the lnb.). I tried to go back thru my emails from over a year ago, however my yahoo mail currently is not displaying the area to choose next page etc. I also thought about switching out the current lnb to the avenger pll321s-2 which I have...Instead I ordered a GEOSATpro SL1PLL LNBF that way I will have a geosat receiver and lnb in the system. If I still have problems after that then the lnb issue will be settled. I was able to get all channels on 83w scanned using the preprogrammed TP's. The only issue at this point is why when the other sats , which are currently 10 of them, scanned fine on blind scan. I ran a blind scan on 87w had 190 channels scanned, ran a blind scan-detailed and the channel count went from 190 to 222. I recalled somewhere reading Brian saying that the detailed scan was a more in depth scan and would find more. Once agin thank you, Sam

Just out of curiosity, what do the transponder numbers read for the frequency of the three channels (RTV, TUFF TV, PBJ) on 83W? (Frequency, Polarity, Signal Rate)?

83w tp and other info

Just out of curiosity, what do the transponder numbers read for the frequency of the three channels (RTV, TUFF TV, PBJ) on 83W? (Frequency, Polarity, Signal Rate)?

I tuned to channels, displayed picture good. Pressed info button twice. Here is the TP's all 3 (1135/H/4439)
Other info for RTVE: PID V33/A34/P33 FEC 3/4 SID 1 TUFE: PID V36/A37/P36 FEC 3/4 SID 2 PBJE: PID V39/A40/P39 FEC 3/4 SID 3.

Hope this is what you ask for, if not tell where the info is located and I will do my best to find it for you.
Thanks for the reply,
SAm

I tuned to channels, displayed picture good. Pressed info button twice. Here is the TP's all 3 (1135/H/4439)
Other info for RTVE: PID V33/A34/P33 FEC 3/4 SID 1 TUFE: PID V36/A37/P36 FEC 3/4 SID 2 PBJE: PID V39/A40/P39 FEC 3/4 SID 3.

Sam,
You listed 1135/H/4439, should that read 11735/H/4439?
Did you omit the 7?
All this channel info is correct other than the missing 7.
I think your setup is now correct.

Sam,
You listed 1135/H/4439, should that read 11735/H/4439?
Did you omit the 7?
All this channel info is correct other than the missing 7.
I think your setup is now correct.

Yes, you are correct I missed the 7...Whatever you do do not become old, blind, and in a fog...it sucks.

I think the info also to be correct, it is just that the only way to get channels on 83w is to run preprogrammed TP's
Thank you,
Sam

Yes, you are correct I missed the 7...Whatever you do do not become old, blind, and in a fog...it sucks.

Sam

Gotta agree with ya on that but its way too late for me. I'm old, blind as a bat and every day my vision seems to get worse! Really hate wearing magnifying glasses for up close things when I used to have such great eyesight for things up close!

OK time for my two cents. From my experience I have found most of your smaller ku dishes to be somewhat flimsy (can be knocked out of alignment easily). Try peaking the dish on your true south satellite. Its very possible that it has moved slightly since the original install. I know that 83w can be a real pia sometimes, due to the fact that you have a very strong satellite at 82W. Adjacent satellite interference will play havoc with your quality and you only have one degree of separation here so every quality point matters.

In my 30 years as a mechanic I have learned that sometimes you have to take a few deep breaths and start at the beginning. In the long run it saves you a lot of time and frustration.

Last edited:
All channels lost on 83w. Last night i was watching TUFE and turned it off about 10:30 p.m. everything was fine.
Today I received in the mail my new GEOSATpro SL1PLL LNB. I wanted to try it to see if it helped with the blind scan of 83w.
Turned things on and got no signal. That surprised me as every thing had worked OK for the last several days. I tried to go to 97w It said moving dish, as I can see the dish from ny window I observed that it did not move. I thought perhaps somethinh had happened to the motor. Bypassed the motor directly to the lnb no signal. Hooked up my little SF-95 signal meter and tuned to 2/3 scale signal. Pushed on ths dish and could see the signal change intensity. Rehooked directly to the lnb and checked the tv, still no signal. Then hooked the signal meter between the cable and receiver and went to the dish and, (had my wife watch the meter) presed on the dish, once again the signal intensity changed. I even trird the new lnb and no change. No storms, no power surges etc. At this point without another receiver to try all I can surmise is perhaps the Micro took a dump.
Any thoughts guys?
Sam

Status
Please reply by conversation.