Problem with 99w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gremlin411

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
South East Texas
Took the tv, the cs5k, and the 621-2 out to the 1.2 meter dish. Tried to get 99w. Went from C-band to ku and nothing; went to the list and found strong transponder still no luck. Went back to C-band put in a transponder from the list and still no joy. Then I thought 91w is at the same elevation so I swung the dish over that way and the green bars all most jumped off the tv. While tring to find 99w I had 97 S and 6 or 7 Q all red go to 91w and I get 97 S & 62-63 Q all green. Tried up, down, side to side no luck broke out the conical scalar ring and just stuck on the lnb and it jumped to the 80's slide it back and forth got 85 Q. Why could I not find 99w did I miss something.

got 34 channels and 12 radio is about right ? the one network did not come in ?

3775 is real heard to pick up. Seems like winter is the best time....Best I pulled was around a 30 quality (threshold) last week on it
this is on the 6 footer

Thanks Ice I got a chance to try the dish again. i could get 4000 H 26400 but could not get anything on 3950. and when I Blined scaned I used detail and all. and came up with 22 tv and 15 radio. This is hard. I had about ten TP's ranging from 63 to 85 Q.....

well changed out my lnb to the geosat C2 and nothing and then I rotated it 90 degrees and all green on 4000 again and still nothing on 3950. Ice did you say that you got the nets on your 1.2 meter. I can not figure this out.

yep got them just fine...from the review

My line of site on the north side of the house is from 72-111 so I knew I had a few satellite to lock. Since I was on 99W I wanted to see how much I could lock and at what quality. Hooked up the Pansat and right away World Harvest TV locked at 30 quality. But the Networks were only at 15. I moved the dish every which way and couldn’t get them any stronger. Then I decided to push the LNB in and then the magic started happening. I had it flush with the back of the conical ring but if I pushed it in about ¾”-1” the signal jumped. What I saw made me very happy.
Networks-55 to 60
My Network TV-75
World Harvest-45
ABC HD-30 with jumps to 35
WAPA Puerto Rico-90
Other feeds registered between 45-60. The meter on the Pansat reads true so the threshold is around 25-28. I was not able to get KCWY (NBC Casper) and can get that (barely) on the 6 footer. So all and all I was very happy right here.

try and push the LNB in a little bit...also are you using just a stock scaler ring or a conical one?

I went in deleted everything on cs5k and started over. I could get 4000 to 85 on the meter before i put the scalar ring on today. Got 24 vid and 15 audio gdmx i think was good wtv and some others. i think I need a box that will do S2 because i have alot of sound and color bars, and some test patterns with sound also. I am using the conical scalar ring. When i added the scalar the only time the meter changed is when my hand was in way. So figured the if nothing else the scalar ring would keep any water out of the lnb when it rain. LOL !!!!!!

Last edited:
the sound and color bars would be either a HD feed or a 4:2:2 feed

If the feed is DVB-S2 a regular receiver wont get those at all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)