SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Thank you for this site.
When I go into "Cable & Fiber-optics" it hangs and
has an ad right over my message. When I click on what's
left of my message nothing happens.

Can you describe the ad to me? No ads should be floating over things. If I can find out what the ad is I can contact the ad agency and have it blocked from being served to us.

I only want the ads here to help pay the bills, but not block content or scare people away. :)

can no longer read any of my posts

I probably will not be able to read any replies to this message.
I have posted 2 messages today and they are plastered
over with an ad by Google. If I click on what's left of my
message it hangs and I can get no further.
Have no idea what to do about this......

I have logged in as a regular user and all the registered member Google Ads are displaying like they should, to the right of the first and last post.

I am not seeing any ads popping over any of the messages. With that said I do believe its happening to you, it could just be a regionally targeted ad that I am not being shown for my area.

Again if you can describe the ad in great detail it will help me find the ad being served by Google and have it stopped.

Thanks for your help!

I did the same, Scott and I saw the google ads in a gray box that took up about the right 2/3 of the horizontal space. However, the text split so it was above and below it on my browser (IE 8.0)

If the OPs browser isn't properly handling flow around the text box, he would be seeing this problem. We would need to see browser and version to know.

At any rate, I think it is a browser problem and not actually a site one. Does VB4.0 have particular browser requirements?

more info to help,
Next one was of EBAY by Google.
Running K-meleon, Gmail, Vista, ESET SS

In the past all these worked on the Satelliteguys site.

The List has a popup cover ad for Pizza Hut right now when you go to a specific satellite listing.

Sorry Scot to burst your bubble but mines not fixed.
If my message is about the 3rd one down I can read it.
Top 2 not so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)