Problem with D* website?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For whatever reason, I get a blank screen. I've even googled the official D* site and tried the link from their and nothing works. Very strange....

Evidently they know that I'm trying to set a DVR recording and not being able to access the site is rather annoying....

I also get just the blank screen.

Update: I normally use Firefox...I tried opening directv.com using IE and it opened up as normal...so it may be a issue with Firefox.

Works for me. Do a tracert and see what you get.

Attachments

• Directv page.jpg
    Directv page.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 130
Hmm. I tried it with FF and I got to the main page, except that FF told me to update Flash. I updated it and now all I get is a blank page. So the problem is with Flash and FF.

But that's not really a "fix", just a workaround.
Which is precisely what IE Tab is - a workaround for sites that don't work with Firefox.

Something must have changed on the D* site that the Firefox Flash plugin doesn't like. I was just on the page with Firefox yesterday with no issues.

I also get just the blank screen.

Update: I normally use Firefox...I tried opening directv.com using IE and it opened up as normal...so it may be a issue with Firefox.

Firefox opens it A-OK
please everyone stop using that excuse; it has been debunked time & time again. If you have issues with Firefox and a site, you likely have a setup issue; maybe you have installed some sort of code blocker that is killing their code.. Some rare personal work websites do employ sniffers to FORCE you to use IE; most likely due to a partnership agreement. So they are creating incompatibilities on purpose; its NOT the fault of Firefox.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 109
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts