Status
Please reply by conversation.

Madtown HD Junkie

Occasional Supreme Being
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 3, 2004
Madison, WI
I am having a problem with a old MPEG2 Hughes HD box I own. Yesterday it started to lose service during a storm. When I reboot, it tries to rebuild the channel list but comes back with a failure message. I can not get to the menu, setup, etc to check sat strength as I get a "current time not set. Run initial setup".

My Suspicion is I reactivated it during spring, before leaves where around. When it lost the signal due to the storm yesterday, it might not be able to see all the sats now and hence the problem as it can't re-aquire all the signals.

Any help is appreciated. PS.. it is not located by me, it is at cottage 2 hours from where I am.

TY

If it get's no signal in the setup screen, the dish probably blew out of alignment, given there was a storm.

I can't get to the sat signal strength screen to see if it gets a signal or not. It just tells me

"current time not set. Run initial setup"

I know it's not where your home is, but I would try bringing up a different rec. next time your there and see if that works, If it does you'll know it's the rec. take it home hook it up there an if it doesn't work, (it shouldn't) call D* and see if D* will replace/ upgrade it for you.

Jimbo

I have a satellite finder I bought...I just needed to drive up there. Probably cheaper to have them come and do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.