Problem with Integra receiver and HDMI conversion.

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I bought an Integra DTR 7.7 receiver about a year ago and I have been having this problem ever since, maybe you guys can help me out.

The Receiver only has 2 HDMI inputs so I can only connect my HDDVD and PS3 that way. My x360 and VIP 622 are connected Component and they are converted to HDMI and sent to my Mits HC3000 projector.

The problem is.......

When I am using the Xbox or VIP if the video starts moving really fast or there are flashing lights or other flickers or what have you the picture goes out and it becomes snow. Sometimes after about 20 seconds the picture will come back on, othertimes i have to switch in input and then back to get the picture back up. This only happens when im using a component source, so im guessing this is a problem with the conversion.

I dont think it is a receiver either. I contacted the retailer i bought it from and they switched out the receiver for a new one and the problem is still there.

Any Ideas on what might be causing this, and can I fix it? Thanks for the help.

If I were troubleshooting this, I would make sure the rest of the signal path is clean. Try running component from the receiver to the TV and make sure it looks OK. If not, try connecting directly from the XBOX to the TV via component. Look for signal overloading or bandwidth issues that might indicate a problem with the XBOX, TV or component cable.

Is your component cable up to the task? Reasonable quality cable, in good condition?

Try hooking up the XBOX via HDMI through the receiver and see if the problem persists. If you have extra HDMI inputs on the TV, you might want to bypass the receiver for the video path, and just hook up with optical cable.

What you are basically trying to do is isolate the offending component in the signal path and trying to work around it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)