Problem with my 1080p on my Mitsu WD-52628???

Lord Data

Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Hey guys I have a large issue. I got a PS3 and an HDMI cable for it (I had the component cables). So I turn it on. I set it up and download the new firmware. Then I go into the settings to set 1080p (drool). When I test the setting it just pops into the blue default screen as if nothing is connected to the TV. I tried this on both HDMI and Component which the manual clearly says I can do on either:/. So whats wrong? How do I fix it? Did Bestbuy screw me (yeah this thought has probably crossed all of our minds)? Could it be something wrong with the TV or what is going on? Now this is not the brand new TV's that came out this is like the previous model but still marked as the 52628 (both on BestBuy's tag as well as the sticker on the TV itself). I have looked through everything on the instruction manual and the Mistu website and this is my TV. The pics in the manual as well as on their site in the archives looks like my TV. Any help here is like uber appreciated since I am getting frustrated and really hoping that this can be fixed...

I may be wrong, but I believe the WD-52628 is able to "accept video signals from an antenna or direct cable in standard video scanning rates of 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p." (this is taken directly from the user manual) It appears the valid inputs for Component/HDMI are 480i, 480p, 720, 1080i...it merely upconverts 1080i to 1080p.

Yeah, I've got the 62862 or something like that and it has the same issue.. I'm going to call and complain to them to fix their software on the tv to support it. :)

So then when BestBuy told me I would get 1080P when I got something that broadcast in it like the PS3 they lied to me and now I am going to kill them? Where do you suggest I go from here? I mean now I am livid cause the only reason I bought it was because it said it had full 1080P support on the little price tag thing. I hope that doesn't sound like I am mad at you heh I am just mad at BestBuy now.

My experience in purchasing any electronics equipment is to research it yourself. Most the the employees at stores like BestBuy just generally don't really know what each product truly offers. They rely on things they here or think to help sell the product.

A quick google search for your TV, would have turned up a few reviews that would have pointed out the problem you discovered.

(from http://ultimateavmag.com/rearprojectiontvs/206mits/)

Bottom line: the Mitsubishi will not accept 1080p sources via component or HDMI, and in any case provides no direct route for any1080p source directly to the display. This limitation is true for most of the 1080p sets presently on the market.

That was from February, so the last statement may not be as correct as it was then about 1080p in general.

So then when BestBuy told me I would get 1080P when I got something that broadcast in it like the PS3 they lied to me and now I am going to kill them? Where do you suggest I go from here? I mean now I am livid cause the only reason I bought it was because it said it had full 1080P support on the little price tag thing. I hope that doesn't sound like I am mad at you heh I am just mad at BestBuy now.

Because that little tag is about the extent of knowledge of most BB salespeople!

Bottom line: the Mitsubishi will not accept 1080p sources via component or HDMI, and in any case provides no direct route for any1080p source directly to the display. This limitation is true for most of the 1080p sets presently on the market.
This years will. My friend bought last years also. He likes it. His HDMI connection snapped off the back. Use a long cable. That area has been fortified this year also.

This was a limitation that most all 1st generation 1080P DLP sets had. Your tv will convert your signal to 1080P though. I think the more important thing is your set has the pixel count of a 1080 set. I don't know much about your specific set but I am going to assume it's got a good scaler in it to do the 1080i to 1080P conversion.

it works, no firmware upgrade required

I have this set, all you need to do is use hdmi port #2, and in net command set the port as a PC when you add the type of device. I'm looking at the ps3 in full 1080p right now

I have this set, all you need to do is use hdmi port #2, and in net command set the port as a PC when you add the type of device. I'm looking at the ps3 in full 1080p right now

According to the Owner's Manual, you're only going to get upconverted 1080p via HDMI. I recall this being a major consideration when I looked at this set last year.

High Definition DLP™ Display System
Your widescreen Mitsubishi HDTV uses Texas Instruments most advanced Digital Light Processing™ technology for rear projection televisions. This TV is truly a high-performance multimedia monitor uniquely capable of both stunning high-definition video images and clear, detailed, high-resolution PC images. Your TV is able to accept video signals from an antenna or direct cable in standard video scanning rates of 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p. It is also able to accept, through the HDMI 2 connection, signals with PC resolutions from VGA (640 x 480) through XGA (1024 x 768). When used with a compatible graphics card and controlling software, this TV is also able to accept the custom PC resolution of 720p (1280 x 720). To connect a PC to HDMI 2, you need a PC video card with DVI or HDMI output. Next you need to perform NetCommand setup for the HDMI 2 PC input so that the TV knows to apply the correct PC-signal processing. All of the compatible video and PC signals will be converted to 1080p for final display; some signals will, however, add black side bars, top and bottom bars, or both to fill the screen, and some signals will display standard video overscan.

well, what I meant was that I have the ps3 set to output 1080p via hdmi, and it is visible through the pc connection for hdmi port #2 on the mitsu. You do have a point, I think it might be downconverted to 720p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)