Problem with one of my 2 boxes

Smiley79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Evansville, IN
After having the installers come out and get my OTA working, now I'm having problems with some of my satellite channels not coming in on one of my 2 boxes. ATMax & Starz HD come up as MSNBC & BravoHD and Stzhdp comes up with an error message saying I need to upgrade, but I get all of these channels correctly on my other box. Is there something that I can do to this one box or do I have to get ahold of Voom (which is a task in itself)?

Thanks for the advice. I swapped the boxes out, and it looks like it's possibly the line (taking the bedroom box into the living room got all the channels just fine). So it looks like both boxes are fine. It's just strange that this didn't happen until yesterday (when those installers came out and installed the module for my OTA locals). Might give Voom a call and see if they can hit the box, just in case.

Thought I'd edit this post with an update. Gave Voom a call, and got no where. They hit the box, and I let it sit. After the reboot, still have MSNBC on Starz HD and a couple of other channels in the wrong places. Not sure where to go from here.

I discussed this in another thread. But when this occurs it is a problem with the diplexor.

Bill

Videofx said:
I discussed this in another thread. But when this occurs it is a problem with the diplexor.

Bill

Gave it a try (swapped between the 2 rooms), and it worked! Looks like I'm going to be making a trip to Radio Shack to get one tomorrow. Thanks a lot, Videofx. You saved me a very angry phone call to Voom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)